View Vacancy - KL - Senior Trade Specialist (Oil & Gas), C4 (L)
The main purpose of the job is to increase Scottish oil and gas supply chain exports to Malaysia.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead and support Scottish companies in developing the Malaysian oil and gas market and form part of an overall effort to facilitate exports to the rest of South Asia.
- Identify relevant commercial opportunities for the Scottish supply chain and communicate these to the relevant companies proactively.
- Provide analysis, and information on the Malaysian market including outlining of current and future trends and opportunities.
- Understand the capability of the Scottish supply chain and promote what it can offer.
- Understand the procurement process and options for making sales into Malaysia for the Scottish supply chain.
- Develop strong relationships across Petronas, end users, trade bodies and the Malaysian supply chain.
- Understand the challenges, needs and demands of the sector in Malaysia and correlate solutions with Scotland.
- Engage with Malaysian government entities and understand how they can support the objective.
- Represent SDI in trade shows, attend industry seminars and networking events.
- Work with colleagues in Scotland and regionally to plan and deliver trade missions, seminars, networking events and trade shows.
- Work closely and align with the work of partner organisations such as DIT, British Chamber of Commerce and the EIC.
- Advise Scottish companies on how to conduct and win business in Malaysia
- Create annual and quarterly plans, and record progress and activity on the Scottish Enterprise systems.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the oil and gas sector specific to Malaysia and generally
- Strong knowledge of international trade and experience of supporting companies to export
- Customer relationship management skills, with high levels of confidence and credibility in dealing with senior personnel
- Effective communication skills; excellent in written and spoken English
- Experience in business development or sales
- Ability to work independently and as part of remote team
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- A relevant degree level qualification (or equivalent level of experience)
The British High Commission offers a competitive remuneration package, starting salary from 7060 MYR, benefits, leave entitlement of 20 days per annum (calculated on pro rata basis) and extensive Learning and Development opportunities. Specific training and mentoring will be provided to successful candidate including induction and developing sector knowledge.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain local work permit in Malaysia in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission in Kuala Lumpur is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
All applications must be received before 23:55 on 13 January 2019 (KL Time).
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Start date indicated is subject to change but successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
Please check your application centre regularly for any update on your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.