View Vacancy - MYR - Driver S1(L)
The main purpose of the job is to provide a safe and courteous transport service for staff members of the British Embassy Nay Pyi Taw office and its official visitors.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Making a daily check of tyre pressures, hydraulic fluid, oil, radiator, battery level and fuel
- Keeping the vehicle clean and serviceable
- Reporting any defects promptly
- Keeping an accurate record of all journeys and overtime records
- Ensuring passenger signs journey record sheet at the end of each journey
- Wearing an official uniform
- Vehicles must be driven in a safe and considerate manner
- Comply with local road and transport rules and regulations at all time
- Ensuring the security of vehicles in your care, e.g. remaining with your vehicle unless duty specifically requires otherwise
- Ensuring your driving licence is valid and up-to-date
- Carry out administrative tasks where and when needed such as: mail dispatch, car registration renewal, paying bills and bank run.
- Other tasks as required for business needs.
- Making sure that all passengers are aware that they should wear their seat-belts and abide by the rules of the transport policy
- Completion of at least High School education
- At least 3 years of driving experience in a similar organisation
- Good command of spoken and written English and Burmese
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a team
- Must be willing to work flexible working hours
- Native spoken and written Burmese
- Basic spoken and written English
All applications must be received before 25 January 2019 at 23:55 Burma Standard Time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidates should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.