View Vacancy - Human Resources Manager (BEL18.792)
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office’s (FCO) diplomatic missions in Benelux are part of a world-wide network of over 200 Posts representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas.
Corporate Services Benelux (CSB), a joint service leading on operational support to the UK diplomatic missions in Brussels, Luxembourg and The Hague, is now looking for a Human Resources Manager who will manage and deliver a broad combination of complex operational and strategic HR projects during a time of rapid change. They will also develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall UK Missions' business strategies and FCO guidelines.
As part of a wider Corporate Services team, the Human Resources Manager will lead a small and highly motivated team to deliver professional HR services to over 350 staff across the UK Missions.
- Lead and manage the CSB Human Resources Team in close liaison with HR policy colleagues in Lisbon and London;
- Oversee terms and conditions of service for locally recruited staff and ensure compliance with local labour law. Build and maintain relations with Local Staff Representation group(s);
- Assess current and future policy requirements to support strategic aims and partner with respective Mission management to lead and deliver on high level cross-cutting and change management projects as required;
- Provide expertise on recruitment, compensation, and performance pay processes as needed; review and authorise local employment offers. Advise senior management on and handle employment termination;
- Provide guidance on sensitive staff matters for both diplomatic and locally recruited staff, including management issues, dispute resolution and Protocol. Liaison with legal advisers as necessary;
- Ensure locally recruited staff pay scales and performance related pay increases are reviewed regularly and fairly;
- Ensure expenditure linked to HR activities remains within budget allocation.
- Experience in general HR management and operating in an international environment;
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels, including gaining the confidence of the most senior colleagues;
- Proven oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences;
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal;
- Self-motivated and results driven;
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Solid experience in using databases with strong IT skills (Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel).
- Knowledge of HR systems and experience of Human Resources metrics in an international environment;
- Fluency in at least one of the local languages (NL/FR);
- Possess a recognised HR qualification (e.g. CIPD);
- Good knowledge of Belgian labour legislation especially that applicable to Diplomatic Missions in Belgium.
This is a full-time, permanent contract, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly gross salary for this position is €4,984,46 gross C4 (L) level (The British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium salaries are not currently subject to annual indexation). Furthermore this post attracts a monthly meal allowance.
Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
Visa/passport requirements: Must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Belgium and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.