View Vacancy - Executive Assistant for Bilateral and Political External Team (ITA18.794)
The British Embassy in Rome is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for an Executive Assistant to support the Bilateral and Political External Team in delivering their objectives.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the Bilateral, Political External and Press and Public Affairs (PPA) teams, including organising visits, meetings and events, support on programme/project administration, and maintaining databases.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Organise Rome based and regional visits and meetings by team members and visiting UK officials, and support visits officer for high level visits including Note Verbales;
- Help organise regular policy and outreach seminars and events;
- Manage bilateral and external team project and programme budgets – tracking and profiling spend;
- Assist on research on policy priorities;
- Manage administrative requirements with a focus on keeping database up-to-date, including the media ones;
- Manage bilateral and external team travel and entertainments budgets – tracking and profiling spend;
- Translations and proofreading from and into Italian/English;
- Manage the public diplomacy calendar – updating and sharing;
- Respond to patronage requests sent to the Embassy.
- Proven experience in administration/customer service work including scheduling appointments and diary management;
- Language skills: English and Italian at C1 level or above under the Common European Framework of References for Languages;
- Some budget management experience;
- Effective work and time management; ability to work to deadlines and targets and manage a heavy work flow;
- Working collaboratively with strong ability to deal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience of managing diverse, and often more senior relationships;
- Experience of working effectively with people from all levels;
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Windows and MS Office);
- Prioritisation and ability to make choices within defined frameworks;
- Attention to detail and ability to plan and manage own work.
- Experience of working in an Embassy and/or international organisation;
- Event Management experience.
This is a full-time temporary position with a contract of 12 months with possibility of renewal, graded A2 according to the FCO grading structure.
The monthly gross salary is € 2,213. The salary is paid monthly 14 times per year including € 10.33 EDR paid 13 times per year, with double salary payments in June and December. If working less than a full calendar year, the additional salary payments will be pro-rata.
Working hours are 35 hrs per week with some flexibility allowed.
The appointment is subject to security clearance and the successful completion of a 4-month probationary period.
All staff employed by the British Embassy are subject to Italian income tax rate deductions (IRPEF). However, the administration of these tax payments will vary depending on nationality.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Italian State Social Security Scheme.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Rome are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Italian employment law.
Applicants must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Italy and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.