View Vacancy - DIT Senior Market Adviser B3 - INTERNAL CAMPAIGN (SWE18.798)
The British Embassy in Stockholm is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Senior Market Adviser to join the Department for International Trade (DIT) team.
The DIT is the United Kingdom Government’s international business development agency helping UK-based companies to export and succeed in the global economy. Its range of expert services is tailored to the needs of individual businesses to maximise their international success. It provides companies with knowledge, advice and practical support. The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering against challenging targets to increase UK exports with Sweden.
The role of the Senior Trade Adviser is to provide strategic direction for trade development. This particular position is to lead the Nuclear Decommissioning HVC and support the Retail sector HVC team in Sweden. This is achieved via campaign working and prosperity activities; undertake research, develop local networks to uncovering Swedish business opportunities and lead specific campaigns; and develop marketing activity to capitalize on findings and ultimately match Swedish demand with UK supply. The role also involves wider European work, market access and trade policy activity. In addition, there will also be sector horizon scanning and reactive work that falls outside of core campaigns.
In more detail, main responsibilities will include:
- Identify Swedish high value opportunities through research and engaging with local contacts, stakeholders, organisations etc. Develop a range of activities under a campaign to match the needs of the market with UK expertise. Assist UK companies to win business in market and provide supporting documentation for HQ;
- Develop the working around ODI for Sweden, in particular in the sectors listed and be the specialist supporting the other leads to deliver on DIT targets. Monitor market access, and support trade policy for Sweden (related to sector responsibility);
- Horizon scan for new opportunities outside of the main campaign;
- Delivery of high value Swedish, Nordic/Baltic and wider European trade campaigns across various sub-sectors;
- Full key account management, including some routine administration and follow up throughout the process;
- Understand the UK offer by building networks within vital sectors and with HQ and regional colleagues. Produce business cases to support campaigns, author briefs for VIP visits and other governmental communication;
- Identify leads and opportunities for British business and deliver a range of services to support the delivery of DIT country targets. Contribute to the wider DIT activity and Embassy team in Sweden.
- Fluency in English and Swedish (both oral and written);
- University degree, Business/Economics or applicable subject;
- 3/5 years of business development experience;
- A self-starter, with the ability to organise self and work effectively;
- Collaborative with the ability to support colleagues and share information and knowledge;
- Client and stakeholder focused with the ability to network;
- Deliver to tight deadlines, multi task, work effectively and supportively on targets;
- Understand and focus on customer needs;
- Strong team player with high social skills.
- Open and flexible approach to new ideas to improve results. Enthusiastic about personal development. Open to change and innovation;
- Business supply chain knowledge;
- Strong intercultural skills.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Sweden. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
According to the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs the locally employed staff should be either Swedish citizens or permanent residents, i.e. registered with the population registry before starting the employment. For more information please consult:
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
Visa / passport requirements: must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Sweden and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.