View Vacancy - Executive Assistant to the Director
Main purpose of job
The Department for International Trade is charged with transatlantic trade development between the UK and North America (US and Canada) and with assisting US and Canadian companies looking to invest in the UK. (see www.trade.gov.uk for further information.)
DIT North America works closely with DIT Headquarters in London, together with representatives of the three Devolved Administrations of Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, and other departmental agencies in the UK. DIT aims to drive transatlantic trade and foreign investment into the UK. Made up of 135 members of staff spread across 13 different offices, this is a dynamic team focused on business development across multiple industry sectors.
DIT North America is run from a New York headquarters, supporting a network of nine Regional Trade & Investment Teams across the US and five across Canada.
The advertised role is for an Executive Assistant to the Director, who oversees the US and Canada operation, based at the British Consulate General, Midtown, New York. This is a role will provide administrative support to the Director as well as engage in other team activities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Day-to-day management of the Director’s diary and scheduling of internal and external meetings
- Organisation of travel arrangements and visit programmes for the Director
- Support on arrangements for Ministerial and other Official visitors
- Occasional support to other senior staff in the Consulate (Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner, another Deputy Consul General, and others)
- Preparation of monthly expense returns and completion of budget forecasts
- Co-ordination of various activities for the DIT North America Network including regular updates on team structures and sector resource allocation
- Contribution to other corporate and team-building activities in the Consulate and jointly with the UK Mission to the United Nations
- Support the procurement of goods and services across the NY teams
- Occasional representation of the New York Consulate and/or DIT at networking events
- Assistance with consular support services in times of crisis
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-tas
- Excellent team playe
- A self-starter - able to work independently and show initiative with limited day-to-day supervisio
- Ability and confidence to deal with companies/organizations at a senior level in person and over the phon
- Clear and accurate written skill
- Committed team player with ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholders at various levels both internally and with external companie
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Level of language: Fluent English
Flexible working is encouraged within DIT New York. Employees have the option to work remotely, one-to-two days a week, depending on schedule. Office hours are also flexible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.