View Vacancy - Consular Support Officer/Islamabad/Consular - A1
Main purpose of job:
Support Consular Section to assist British nationals in Pakistan.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Processing of Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs) on specialised Consular database. Training will be provided for this. Cash handling/banking for ETD applications.
- Provide administrative/logistical Support to the Section’s business needs including; raising requisition, transport/accommodation booking, processing NOC/notification for Consular visits
- Be a part of crisis team by supporting the section’s work on emergency preparedness and crisis handling, keep log of consular crisis equipment and test them regularly to monitor its functioning.
- In consultation with VC Karachi, develop and update the consular part of Post’s Crisis Management Plan (CMP) on Crisis Hub to ensure all contacts are update to date. This is reviewed on yearly basis.
- Liaison with local authorities in the event of an incident involving large number of people to find out if any British nationals are involved. Update Crisis Hub/Casebook accordingly.
- Handle telephone inquiries from members of public and Consular Contact Centres to assist British nationals in distress in courteous and professional manner.
- Act as backup/cover for Consular officers during their absence/leave
- Miscellaneous tasks including maintaining registry/consular files, organising citizenship ceremonies, managing consular waiting area, telephone tree and assist in organising consular reception.
- Other adhoc tasks advised HoS/CROM.
- At least 3 years’ experience in customer based, service provider organisation
- Good customer handling skills at counter and over the phone
- Good written/oral communication in English and Urdu.
- Excellent data entry/IT skills.
Level of language required: Fluent.
For BHC candidates, the Local BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, Basic Salary will be PKR 63,684 per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- Successful candidate is expected to complete consular online training (first 4 weeks) and attend Essential Assistance Work (EAW) overseas within first three months in the job.
- Customer Service Delivery (CSD) when advised.
Please note applications without (a),(b) and (c) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Attach a detailed CV
C. Complete the Motivation Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers. Else the application will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 16 January 2019 midnight.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.