View Vacancy - MNL - Regional Finance Hub Officer, A2 (L) - Maternity Cover
To undertake a wide range of support duties for the Asia Pacific and MENA finance hub. This will include on a monthly basis running financial reports to support account managers’ analysis, coordination of Global Britain Fund forecasts and commentary, consolidation of manual journals, and the analysis and amendment of cash profiles for Posts.
The officer will prepare the pre-populated Q4 Overseas Accounting Returns, and aggregate responses from Posts.
The role will also provide cover for one of the account managers who is going on maternity leave, supporting the monthly calls and budget/forecast analysis for few individual posts.
Roles and responsibilities:
Financial Management (40%)
- Work with Account Managers and GTPC to resolve issues relating to Post Financial Performance and Compliance Indicators (FPCIs) including the preparation of Quarterly FPCI report with commentaries per directorate that will be submitted to FBPs.
- Consolidate manual journal entries from Posts across both regions on monthly basis and submit to hub manager for approval resolving issues as needed.
- Review and validate Post accruals quarterly exercise.
Budget Management (30%)
- Consolidate OBIEE reports on budgets and forecasts on monthly basis, supporting inputs into the regional Key Performance Reports (KPR).
- Provide financial advice to Posts on related commercial issues that affect business short term and strategic decisions. Actively participate in operational and strategic initiatives to influence business decisions;
- Provide stakeholders with in-depth analysis of the business results vs. budget, prior year and forecast leading to the identification of risks and opportunities and recommendations for appropriate actions to address them;
- Coordinate with account managers the 1HMG In year marginal cost per Post to update the sharepoint log and hub cost tracker including headcount monitoring.
Cash Management (20%)
- Provide cash forecast for each Post within the Region in advance of each Financial Year.
- Support account managers’ monitoring and challenge of Posts’s cash management to ensure cash is accurately reported and processes are adhered to [including Other UK Government Departments who may be present].
Administrative Support (10%)
- Provide general office support to the team, including on any data collection requests (e.g. Posts’ data requirements).
- Support the Information Management Officer in the team in monitoring and weeding the shared area, and ensuring all personal data logged in the inventory.
- Project assigned by Hub Lead
- Ad hoc work
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written English)
- Previous experience in a financial role
- Strong Excel skills, particularly working with large data sets
- Previous experience in budget and financial management
- Familiarity with Oracle financial systems, particularly Oracle Business Intelligence and Hyperion
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on a pro-rata basis if the service period is less than one full year), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have work authorisation in the Philippines in order to apply.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to the local Philippine employment law.
Candidates are expected to have a valid NBI Clearance and passport.
All applications must be received before 20 January at 23:55 Manila time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.