View Vacancy - Political and Communications Intern- British Embassy, Panama City
Main purpose of job:
The British Embassy, Panama City is looking to recruit a motivated intern with good analytical and project management skills, and the ability to work well independently. The successful candidate will sit with the Political Team. The successful applicant will conduct research in support of the Embassy’s strategic and policy work, providing analysis to the Political Officer and the wider embassy. Beyond this, the position will offer a wide-ranging insight into embassy’s work. A high-performing candidate will have opportunities to provide policy and administrative support to the embassy across a range of foreign policy issues.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct research and draft briefing papers and other reports on issues of interest to the British government including domestic politics, foreign policy, and other topics as assigned;
- Assisting on programmes for official visitors;
- Attend events relevant to the Political Section’s work, e.g. at National Assembly, universities, government agencies, international affairs organisations, etc.
- Participate in receptions and events hosted by the Embassy
- Provide administrative support to the Political Section.
- Update and maintain the Political Section’s calendar of events.
- Support the Political and Communications section on-site at events and with visits.
- Research new media outlets and update press lists.
Essential on arrival: Essential on arrival: Computer literate, Communications/media/social media/marketing skills, strong organisational and time management skills, • Ability to work well independently, and within a team. • Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., Law, Political Science,International Relations, English, Communications)
Desirable: Project Management skills
We are seeking to hire two interns during 1 round of sifting and interviews with the same job description and competencies.
1 intern- start date as soon as possible with contract ending 31 March 2019-Line Manger Kirvyn Vargas
2 intern- start date as soon as possible for a 1-year contract-Line Manager Monica Webb
This opportunity is closed to applications.