View Vacancy - VNM - Visits and Events Officer A2
Main purpose of job:
To manage, co-ordinate and deliver successful ministerial and other VIP visits and events in Ho Chi Minh City, including the Queen’s Birthday Party and events to promote the UK’s image in the City.
This is an excellent opportunity to deliver high profile visits and events that promote the UK priorities in Vietnam. You will work closely with different teams across the Vietnam network, including colleagues in the Embassy in Hanoi. You will have the opportunity to shape events programmes, work directly with government officials, colleagues in London and a wide range of stakeholders. In addition, you will occasionally be required to support colleagues in other teams in the Consulate on ad-hoc tasks.
The relationship between the UK and Vietnam is growing across key areas including education, business, foreign policy and tourism. Your role will be central to amplifying the relationship in the key areas.
The jobholder will be responsible for:
- Operational lead for the delivery of inward visits and events for the British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City; including working with colleagues to design visit and event programmes; coordinating logistical details, including transport plans; and coordinating briefing packs.
- Leading on protocol issues for inward visits including liaison with the External Relations office, airport and other local authorities.
- Planning, organising and coordinating a range of Consulate and UKinVietnam public events, including receptions and the Queen’s Birthday Party.
- Planning, organising, coordinating and managing external events and budgets connected to the GREAT Campaign in Vietnam.
- Liaison with venues, suppliers, sponsors and ensuring good value for money.
- Ensuring sufficient monitoring and evaluating mechanisms are in place and drawing together lessons learned and next steps reports.
- Ownership of guests lists for events – issuing invitations and collating responses.
- Fluent spoken and written Vietnamese and English
- Organisation and time management skills
- Customer focus and attention to detail
- Ability to work creatively without close supervision
- Problem solving skills and the ability to deliver under pressure
- Good communications and networking skills
- Experience of working with the Vietnamese government
All applications must be received before 20 January 23:55 Vietnam Standard Time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.