View Vacancy - Internships Programme – British Embassy Asunción/Americas
Main purpose of job
The chosen candidates will support the assigned Embassy section (Corporate Services, Communications & Political Affairs, Prosperity and Projects /International Trade) in achieving its desired objectives.
- To support the Prosperity and Projects - DIT sections in a range of activities including market research, organisation of trade/education events and the promotion of the UK businesses in the market, among others.
- To provide assistance to the Corporate Services section in tasks ranging from property management and procurement procedures to organisation of events, creation of control forms and inventories.
- To support the Communications and Political Affairs section in a range of activities from political research to social media work pursuing the promotion of the UK Government’s values
This is an internship and is completely designed around the individuals desire to learn and develop. It will offer a window into how a diplomatic mission operates and the type of work we become involved in.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing administrative and logistical support in coordinating specific events or meetings for the Embassy.
- Assisting in coordinating events or other special requests as needed.
- Data-base management.
- Providing administrative and logistical support to the Embassy.
- Assist in day-to-day administrative tasks, such as organising files and helping with inventories.
Currently pursuing a BA in English Language from the Instituto Superior de Lenguas FIL/UNA.
Must have excellent computer skills, particularly MS Outlook and MS Office packages.
Level of language required: Excellent level of English
Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 1 PM, 20 hours per week.
Post has signed an internship programme agreement with a local university where students pursuing a BA in English Language can apply for 3 months internships at BE Asuncion and can only be done through this institution. This agreement falls within local labour law regulations.
This Internship Programme is an educational and learning opportunity. It is not intended to be an employment relationship between candidates and the British Embassy in Asunción.
This opportunity is closed to applications.