View Vacancy - Department of Investment Trade Internship
The British Embassy in Czech Republic is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for one Trade & Investment Adviser Intern based in Prague. The British Embassy in Prague is offering an internship opportunity for an University student to join the Department of International Trade.
The DIT is the UK Government´s trade promotion inward investment organisation. It brings together the work of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the Department for Business, innovation and Skills. The main elements of the internship are providing administrative assistance to the team.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- To provide administrative support to the local & regional campaign team;
- To answer phone, email and letter enquiries from both British and Czech companies and organisations;
- To help organise trade events and seminars in assigned sectors;
- To update databases and record activities.
- Be a University student enrolled in a 3rd year at least;
- University background in relevant fields for the position;
- Good level of written and spoken English and Czech;
- Good level of computer literacy;
- Understanding of the business environment in the Czech Republic and the UK would be an advantage.
Terms and Conditions
The selected candidate will be employed on a Work Performance Agreement wich would be a work agreement with a maximum of 300 hours till end of 2017. Rate per hour is 60 CZK.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Czech Republic in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Czech Republic are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Czech Republic employment law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Czech Republic. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.