View Vacancy - CGZ - Driver, S1 (L)
Main purpose of job:
To perform the duties of driver at the British Consulate to a high standard displaying excellent driving skills. Follow local traffic regulations and ensure passenger(s)/driver’s safety at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities (What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?)
General driving duties
- Abide by traffic regulations. Deliver colleagues and visitors to destinations such as local government offices, companies, airport, train stations, hotels and banks etc. (within Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai and regional cities) on time, safely and courteously
- Effectively communicate with visitors and local hosts and make effective judgement to ensure arrival on time
- Be able to work at a very short notice occasionally
- Keep improving driving experience and skills and work-related skills through learning and development. Support colleagues in the team
Care of vehicles
- Keeping the vehicles clean and serviceable
- Ensuring the vehicles are always presentable
- Daily check of tyre pressure, hydraulic fluid, oil, battery level and fuel
- Identifying any defects as early as possible and to keep any potential risk to a minimal level. Report any fault or damage immediately to the Transport manager
- Keeping an accurate record of all journeys, ensure car service and MOT are carried out at the appropriate times
- Vehicle registration for both office vehicle and personal dip vehicle and driving license related matters
- Collecting diplomatic mail bags; customs clearance of diplomatic shipment
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks and delivery, such as paying for office mobile phone bills
- At least five years of professional driving experience
- Be familiar with various destinations including Chinese organizations, companies, airport, hotels, banks etc
- Have a broad knowledge of travel routes, road conditions throughout Guangzhou as well as cities like Shenzhen, Zhuhai etc
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in a team under pressure
- Ability to learn and improve
- Preferably has worked in a foreign diplomatic missions or has had similar experience before
- Has basic command of English
- Computer literacy in standard Microsoft applications
We are an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce, and valuing difference.
We offer a competitive package, which includes basic salary, good leave entitlement, and insurance plan etc. The gross starting salary for this position before all deductions is RMB 7,156/ month for Chinese Nationals. We also offer excellent development opportunities and a 22-day annual leave entitlement in pro rata. Conditioned working hours is 35 hours/ week from Monday to Friday and flexible working can be arranged upon personal needs. For more details on our Total Rewards Package, please visit our website http://www.gov.uk/government/world/china. Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate Guangzhou are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Chinese employment law.
To apply, please send your CV to Guangzhou.Recruitment@fco.gov.uk
Deadline for submitting applications is 17:00 (China Standard Time) on 24 November 2019.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted regarding the next phase of the selection process. To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.