View Vacancy - Housekeeper/Cook
Main purpose of job:
Offer an outstanding service to the High Commissioner, guests and visitors at the High Commission Residence by providing and maintaining a high standard of effective housekeeping and laundry services; support official functions as required.
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the High Commission Residence, including the High Commissioner’s private living areas, entertaining spaces, guest rooms and service areas to an excellent standard including:
- Stock control – rotate and replenish stock of food and beverages, as necessary
- Ensure high quality cleaning: dust, sweep, mop floors/polish all surfaces/clean glass surfaces/polish silverware
- Provide full laundry service: washing/ironing /arranging dry cleaning/minor repairs
- Plan, cook and serve meals in liaison with the High Commissioner
- Purchase of grocery items in a timely manner and ensuring all expenditure is value for money and necessary.
- Perform weekly fire / incident alarm test
- Regularly maintain inventory of silverware, crystals, linen, food and beverage and equipment.
- Report maintenance issues and safety and security hazards and ensure all maintenance jobs are attended in coordination with the Estate Department
- Ensure high standard of hygiene and food safety in food storage and preparation
- Ensure care and maintenance of all kitchen equipment
- Escort workmen around the Residence to ensure safety of assets.
Events / Visits:
- Prepare meal costings
- Set tables to a high standard.
- Prepare meals for small events for official functions
- Provide wait service at official functions
- Prepare floral arrangements for dinner functions
- Prepare beverages and set up mini bar for official entertainment.
- Ad hoc office support – e.g. crisis management, events / visits.
- Attend staff meetings e.g. Monday mornings, PMC’s etc.
- Have good command of English language - both oral and written;
- At least 2 years’ work experience in the hospitality industry;
- Maintain a customer focus approach;
- Willing to take initiative, flexible, proactive ("Can do" attitude);
- Able to effectively prioritise and a proven ability to work under pressure with limited supervision
- Able to work effectively and supportively with colleagues, both individually and in a team;
- Able to act with discretion at all times;
- Have good IT Skills – familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, outlook, excel);
- Have a positive outlook;
- Keen attention to details.
- Previous relevant working experience in a hotel, diplomatic residence or equivalent;
- Experience in maintaining inventories.
Previous training of the following:
- Food Hygiene and Handling Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Correct Table Setting
- Floral Arrangement
- Wait Service
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and an enriching learning and development opportunities.
For consideration, candidates must be eligible to live and work in Belize without sponsorship.
Interviews will be held in English.
This opportunity is closed to applications.