View Vacancy - TW - PA Representative/Deputy Representative, A2(L)
The British Office Taipei promotes the UK’s interests and values in Taiwan. We are recruiting an experienced and highly motivated Personal Assistant to the Representative and the Deputy Representative.
Roles and responsibilities:
This is a key role in the British Office. The Personal Assistant enables the Representative and Deputy Representative to fulfil their roles, maintains close liaison with all sections of the British Office and is an important interface with our external contacts. The PA needs to be well-organised, with an eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy in management of diaries, telephone calls and paperwork. They need to be good with people, both as a team-player with colleagues inside the British Office and as a courteous face of the British Office in dealing with outside organisations. They should be able to take the initiative on problem-solving, but also know when to consult. They need to be skilled in use of IT, including spreadsheets, and to be fluent in Mandarin and English (both spoken and in writing). Knowledge of Taiwanese political, economic and social structures would be an asset.
- Managing the diaries of the Representative and Deputy Representative.
- Arrangement of internal and external meetings. Meet and greet visitors.
- Dealing effectively with correspondence (email, post and telephone calls).
- Booking travel and accommodation for the Representative and Deputy Representative.
- Managing the Representative’s travel and hospitality budgets.
- Writing letters and records of meetings in Mandarin and English.
- Maintaining records of correspondence and official hospitality.
- Understanding the Taiwanese political and economic systems and maintaining effective relationships with counterparts in key organisations.
- Understanding the British system and channelling enquiries to specialist colleagues in the British Office.
- Maintaining the contacts database.
- Managing invitation lists for official hospitality, eg annual Queen’s Birthday Party and other regular events.
- Managing the Residence Housekeeper.
The British Office is a welcoming and fun place to work. It is located in bright modern offices with fabulous views over the city and Taipei 101. Colleagues are able to work flexibly and enjoy a healthy work/life balance. The British Office has a strong commitment to diversity and to learning and development.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin
- At least 5 years experience as a Personal Assistant or Executive Assistant to a senior manager
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communications skills
- Initiative to solve problems, raise matters of concern and seek guidance where necessary
- A good problem solver, able to work independently using personal judgement
- Able to organise and prioritise workload
- A team worker, collaborating effectively with colleagues
- Courteous, assertive, and able to handle demanding people
- Strong capacity for working with IT with proficiency in use MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, web applications and proficient typing skills.
- Knowledge of Taiwanese political, economic and social structures, and relevant contacts in key organisations
The British Office offers a competitive remuneration package with a gross salary of NT$59,052 per month x 13.5, benefits, leave entitlement and training package. The British Office Taipei has a strong commitment to developing staff and supports staff who wish to pro-actively develop their talents and abilities. With a dedicated Learning and Development Committee and opportunities to undertake training including self-study, in-house online training programmes as well as classroom-based training; the British Office is a great place to work for those committed to self-development.
Working patterns: The PA needs to be able to answer telephone calls and meet visitors during core hours, but beyond that there is scope to agree with your line manager some flexibility about arrival and departure times.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Office are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Taiwan employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain correct permit to work or work authorisation in Taiwan in order to apply. Any costs related to obtaining or renewing permits and visas are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Your application must be submitted before 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Advertised start date is provisional and subject to completion of reference and security checks.
Kindly check your application centre or email regularly for any update on the status of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.