View Vacancy - Team Support Officer (FRA19.589)
The British Embassy in Paris is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. It is also part of the UK’s France Network (including offices in Lyon, Bordeaux and Marseilles and representation to international organisations in Paris (OECD and UNESCO) and Strasbourg (CoE). The British Embassy is currently looking for a Team Support Officer to provide administrative support, including on events and visits to the Foreign Policy team.The Foreign Policy team works to understand and influence French foreign policy, and to identify opportunities for UK-France partnership.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Team coordination and engagement;
- Budget management;
- Visits and events management;
- Wider support to Embassy corporate activity e.g. projects, outreach;
- Very good level of French and English, both oral and written;
- Previous work experience in a support role carrying out a wide range of administrative work;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Reliability, patience and an ability to work under pressure and to prioritise;
- Proactive approach, with a focus on anticipating problems and proposing solutions
- Ability to work in a team and independently, and to develop a good range of contacts;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience in budget management;
- Knowledge of and interest in foreign policy;
- Event management experience;
This is a full-time position for a permanent contract.
All appointments are subject to professional background check satisfactory security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of his/her passport or national identity card for all nationalities held, an up-to-date criminal record (casier judiciaire) for recent countries of residence (which can be obtained online at casier-judiciaire.justice.gouv.fr), two written proofs of address (utility invoices and/or bank statements) and two references.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in France are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local French employment law and FCO guidance for Local Staff. The posts we offer are not an entry point into the UK’s Diplomatic Service.
Your application will only be considered if you follow the guidance below:
- Your application must be sent in English only.
- Your application must clearly indicate all nationalities you hold.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in France and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit. If requirements change additional eligibility information will be shared during the recruitment process.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.