View Vacancy - TW- DIT Senior Commercial Officer B3 (L)
This job offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work in the high- performing Department of International Trade (DIT) team at the British Office in Taipei. DIT’s role is to promote UK’s business interests worldwide, and the job holder will contribute to the UK’s prosperity by assisting UK businesses wishing to a.) export to Taiwan; or b.) establish a presence in the market.
Roles and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the promotion of UK business interests in the Life Science, Healthcare and Financial & Professional Services sectors (these sectors may change subject to an ongoing review of priorities) and help to identify market access issues in these areas. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Account management: developing and maintaining strategic relationships through proactive and confident interaction with selected UK companies to understand their business strategies and where they need UK Government support, including assisting them in overcoming any barriers to them doing business in Taiwan;
- Marketing activities: working with Marketing team and sector colleagues based in London to promote the UK as a source of high quality goods and services, and supporting the wider team on VIP visits from the UK; and
- Collaboration across local and regional teams, especially North East Asia, to deliver wider British Office and DIT objectives.
The jobholder will be expected to:
- Be the contact point for UK companies in the above-mentioned sectors looking to do business in Taiwan.
- Pursue business opportunities on behalf of the UK supply chain and facilitate market entry, including providing market intelligence and arranging B2B and B2G meetings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Taiwanese stakeholders (private and public) on market access issues with a view to ensuring the best possible business environment for UK companies.
- Plan and implement trade promotion activities to raise the profile of UK companies (e.g. trade shows, seminars, workshops etc.).
- Provide help and advice to UK companies in support of them landing commercial contracts in Taiwan
- Contribute to wider corporate objectives through active participation in working groups, committees etc.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Confident in business communication & negotiation, with a focus on customer needs
- Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels
- Strong organisational, analytical and time management skills, with good attention to detail and an ability to self-administer
- Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven record of delivering results to a high standard
- Good working knowledge of project management
- 3 years’ work experience in the life science, healthcare or financial services sectors
- Good IT skills for Microsoft Office
The British Office offers a competitive remuneration package with a gross salary of NT$70, 759 per month x 13.5, benefits, leave entitlement and training package. The British Office Taipei has a strong commitment to developing staff and supports staff who wish to pro-actively develop their talents and abilities. With a dedicated Learning and Development Committee and opportunities to undertake training including self-study, in-house online training programmes as well as classroom-based training; the British Office is a great place to work for those committed to self-development.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
Jobholder is entitled to access all learning and development opportunities available for B3 (L) which includes FCO Diplomatic Academy as well as competence-based trainings at post.
- Gain experience working on international issues;
- Strengthen strategic and project management skills;
- Develop regular contact with senior figures in UK and Taiwanese business and government;
- A modern, environmentally aware working environment in the centre of Taipei;
- Opportunities for official travel within Taiwan, the Asia-Pacific region and the UK;
- Core and job-related training and development;
- A senior management team committed to achieving a healthy work-life balance for its employees.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre- employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Office are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Taiwan employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain correct permit to work or work authorisation in Taiwan in order to apply. Any costs related to obtaining or renewing permits and visas are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Your application must be submitted before 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Advertised start date is provisional and subject to completion of reference and security checks.
Kindly check your application centre or email regularly for any update on the status of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.