View Vacancy - Security Guard
The British Embassy Cairo is looking to appoint an experienced Security Guard grade S2 to start as soon as possible.
Main purpose of the job:
To work as part of an experienced and professional security team providing physical security to the British Embassy Cairo.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforce all physical security measures under current policy to ensure that all staff work in a safe secure environment whilst protecting FCO assets.
- Administer all visitors with correct Embassy passes; this includes searching individuals, vehicles on access and carrying out sporadic checks when leaving.
- Access control of both pedestrian and vehicular airlocks at all entrances /exits whilst operating the anti-ram blocker within the vehicular airlock.
- Monitoring of the Embassy perimeter CCTV cameras and responding to any fire alarms.
- Supervision of all general public visitors within the Embassy compound to and from the Consular section.
- Receive and check all incoming mail with X-ray scanner, adhere to current procedures when dealing with any suspicious letters or packages.
- Deal with difficult visitors within the Embassy and resolve any problems using the conflict management model amicably.
- Supervise contractors during external maintenance and out of hours including weekends.
- Assist the Security Manager with any VIP visits, large scale functions within the Embassy, and Ambassador’s residence.
- Making Effective Decisions – Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Demonstrating Resilience - This is about helping our people to build resilience in international roles, supporting their ability to adapt to working in difficult and varied international environments and to bounce back from crises and setbacks in these contexts.
- Fluency in Arabic and a competent level of spoken English is required
- Previous experience in uniformed services, commercial security, or customer-focused industry background with verifiable references.
- Able to do shift work.
- Knowledge of physical security barriers, policy, and procedures.
- Team player who is also capable of working on their own initiative.
- Strong customer focus and ability to deliver quality service.
- Courtesy and consideration in dealing with staff and other customers. Able to present a professional image of self and the Embassy.
- Good organisational skills and flexibility to manage and prioritise tasks.
- Good IT and computer skills. Proficiency in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Command of written English.
- Knowledge of standard policies and procedures for the security industry.
The British Embassy in Cairo is a friendly and professional place to work. There are regular personal and professional development opportunities through “lunch and learns” and other fora, complimenting the extensive professional and personal development opportunities offered by the Diplomatic Academy and Civil Service Learning.
We offer a competitive package including medical benefits, performance related bonus, recreational facilities, opportunities for job related training & development, etc. This is for a full time employment, on a fixed term basis for one-year.
The position is grade S2 and the Gross Salary is USD 380.74 per month subject to insurance and tax as per the usual regulations based on a 42 hours per week. The position involves shift-working hours (shift pattern: 07:00–19:00 and 19:00– 07:00) and the successful candidate is expected to be flexible and able to work additional hours when required.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Applicants must have right to work and live in Cairo.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents along with their online application form:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A completely filled out online application form. Kindly ensure that concrete examples of each competences are provided on the application summary section of the form.
The closing date for applications is 23:55 (Local Time) 27 November 2019.
Please note that incomplete applications or applications received after the stated deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Due to the large amount of applications, we receive only those shortlisted for the interview will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
Personal data collected will be treated in strictest confidence under the terms of the UK Data Protection Act and used for recruitment purposes only.
The British Embassy Cairo is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staffs recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Egypt employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.