View Vacancy - VNM (Hanoi) - Corporate Services Assistant, AA
The British Embassy Hanoi is a diplomatic mission of around 70 staff, delivering a dynamic and rapidly expanding programme of activity in support of the UK’s objectives including on prosperity, trade, security, open societies, consular services and law enforcement. The Embassy is a modern, diverse and inclusive employer.
Main purpose of job:
The position will work closely with the HR Corporate Services Officer (CSO HR) to support smooth human resource operation in Vietnam Network and to enhance the well-being of all staff at the UK diplomatic missions in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Additionally, the role will provide flexible wide range of administrative, logistical support to Corporate Services Section and other support required by the Embassy.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
1. Human Resource Support - 55%
- Manage local staff employment contracts (use templates to prepare new contracts, amendments and terminations) to ensure they are issued in good time.
- Manage local staff personal information including electronic or paper filing, work closely with Regional HR Hub on updating HR database on the system.
- Update staff database, staff movements, telephone list to incorporate in crisis plan.
- Labour registration with local government agencies in Hanoi and HCMC.
- Update the Organogram. Keep the Local Staff Charter up-to-date.
- Partner with HR Hub to support recruitment process for Hanoi Embassy and Ho Chi Minh Consulate General including arranging interview panels, arranging logistics for interviews, facilitate writing tests, etc.
- Provide support to the successful candidates to complete HR and security procedures, handle their HR enquiries or escalate to CSO HR or CSM where needed.
- Under the CSO HR direction, ensure the induction pack up-to-date, set up and monitor induction plans for newly recruited local staff and newly arrived UK based staff in coordination with the line managers. Support staff to register Hera functions.
- Provide support and monitor local staff’s departure process. Make sure related data is well collected and recorded.
- Assist in logistic arrangements for training activities and internal events i.e. monthly all staff meeting, monthly celebration on staff’s birthdays, arrivals and departures.
2. Staff welfare, UK-Based staff & family support - 30%
- Prepare, monitor UK-Based officers’ arrival/departure check lists to ensure actions are taken in due course by appropriate officers. Send them information in advance i.e. Post Report, Welcome Pack, etc. Ensure officers and families receive necessary arrival packs and phones at the airport. Arrange necessary groceries at home upon their arrivals.
- Under CSO HR’s supervision, coordinate among teams to update information of Post Reports, Post Fact Sheet, Post Welcome Pack, Communication Liaison Officer homepage on Post’s Intranet/SharePoint site. Complete COLA returns accurately and timely; update annual education bidding; manage the approved schools list, panel doctors and dentists lists;
- Record of air-pollution data to assist in air pollution communications and report using available resources; inventory management and procurement of air purifiers and air monitors for Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh offices.
3. Other Corporate Services Support - 15%
- Provide support for Corporate Services team in procurement process including GPC/CCC payments, requisitions, receipting and uploading invoices, setting up suppliers;
- Back-up cashier when required.
- Participate and contribution to corporate activities i.e. Go-Green, Wellbeing.
- Assist other admin/logistic work when required.
- Proficient in English and Vietnamese
- Ability to produce clear and accurate work with attention to details
- Ability to work independently and use initiative to solve problems
- Can support colleagues when under pressure and able to contribute to cross-team working
- A flexible and proactive approach
- Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
The British Embassy is committed to being a learning and development organisation and encourages all staff to pursue continued learning and development in the workplace. We offer a supportive and friendly working environment where staff work to the values of: integrity, honesty, objectivity and impartiality. Everyone is encouraged to take responsibility, be innovative and work together.
Full time - 39 hours per week with one hour lunch. Mon-Thursday 08:30–16:45, Friday 08:30–15:00
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff who are locally recruited by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. Visa sponsorship may be possible for non-Vietnamese nationals if meet local requirements.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Disabled and ethnic minority applicants will be invited to interviews if meeting the minimum requirement of the job.
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Vietnam Time) on the day of the deadline indicated above.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
Only shortlisted candidates for interview will be contacted. Interviewees will be assessed on the core behaviours/qualifications listed above. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via the system in due time. Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate”.
Please check the application centre regularly for any update on your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.