View Vacancy - Corporate Services Officer/Administrative Assistant (BEL19.530)
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office’s (FCO) diplomatic missions in Benelux are part of a world-wide network of over 230 Posts representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a full-time A1(L) Corporate Services Officer/ Administrative Assistant to join Corporate Services Benelux (CSB).
Corporate Services Benelux (CSB) is a joint service of over 50 colleagues and contractors that leads on operational support to the UK Diplomatic Missions in Brussels (our Missions to the EU & NATO and our bilateral Embassy to Belgium). It also has some responsibility for the Devolved Administrations in Brussels and our Luxembourg & The Hague Embassies.
We manage and deliver a broad combination of complex operational and strategic work on staff issues (locally recruited and UK based), Finance, IT, Security and Transport. We also manage a shared Residence for all of the UK Missions’ high level entertaining. It is one of the biggest operations in the UK’s Europe Diplomatic Network. As we continue to get busier, particularly with the UK’s exit from the EU, we are recruiting an extra team member to support in keeping us organised on a number of pieces of regular activities.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be an organised self-starter, with a flexible ‘can do’ approach to the work with an eye for detail, and excellent communication skills - fluent in English and ideally a solid knowledge of French. They will support both the UK-based support team and the local staff HR team, and cover a range of services across CSB allowing them to showcase their broad range of skills.
CSB is diverse, respect & values based while seeking to deliver effectively in a friendly manner. We put the welfare & needs of staff first. Our staff survey scores for wellbeing and collegiate support scored high.
Main roles and responsibilities :
General administration and operational support to CSB teams, in particular the LE Staff HR Team and UK Based Staff (UKB) support teams including:
- Ensure all staff personnel files are retained as per FCO policy and Belgian legal requirements; review and weed all existing personnel files.
- Lead on the administrative part of the LE appraisal and moderation processes.
- Initiate letters on a wide range of HR issues (e.g. letters of employment, tax letters, letters for student loans, etc.).
- Ensure that information on the CSB Sharepoint site and CSB Organigram are kept up to date.
- Lead on the tri-annual Mobility Report and follow-up actions from them.
- Provide general administrative support to the HR and UKB team, tasks may vary based on the needs.
- Lead on any additional administration, such as work permits, that may be required depending on Brexit outcome.
- Local healthcare registration for UK Based Officers and their families.
- Lead on ensuring that the 3 Missions telephone directory is accurately maintained.
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Organised, able to handle a variety of tasks with different deadlines;
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team;
- Adaptable, with excellent customer focus, and a professional manner;
- Proven MS Office skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Experience of an Oracle computer based accounting system;
- Proven experience in carrying out administrative tasks in an international environment;
- Solid written and spoken French.
This is a permanent full-time contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week. Although the appointment is for an indefinite period of time, it is expected that the overall period of service will most probably not exceed March 2021. This point will be addressed during the recruitment process.
The monthly salary for this position is 2,761.66€, A1 (L) level.
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Belgium and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit. If requirements change additional eligibility information will be shared during the recruitment process.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.