View Vacancy - Trade Department Intern (HRV22.352)
The British Embassy in Zagreb is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking to recruit a Trade Department Intern.
The main purpose of the job is providing administrative support to the Regional Management and Western Balkans and Croatia (WBC) - Country Directors in delivering DIT (Department for International Trade) services to UK companies in the Western Balkans and Croatia and CEN (Central Europe Network) region in accordance with the annual business plan.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Handle CEN regional administrative work and Western Balkans + Croatia (WBC) administrative needs, managing the relevant mail correspondence at request and occasionally engagement with UK counterparts as necessary (30%)
- Gathers information and prepares written reports on key sectors of interest; report writing, help with interaction recording (30%)
- Supports DIT team members in organising events including following-up, building lists and other activities (20%)
- Work on ad-hoc work requests from across the team and deliver them in a timely manner (20%)
- Fluency in English and Croatian, both written and spoken (minimum C1 level according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages *);
- Availability to complete an internship of 39.5 hours a week, with flexible schedule from 8:30 -5:00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 – 2pm on Fridays;
- Relevant experience, or vocational qualification(s) (whether completed or in progress) in business/trade, economy, politics or allied areas;
- Proven record of previous experience on various university projects;
- Basic administrative skills – Use of Windows Office and web search.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and highly creative team player with a proven passion for public communications;
- Good communication and organisational skills;
- Some experience in working in office environment.
This is a full-time, temporary contract of 39.5 hours per week, for 6 months. The annual salary for this position is 4.687,50 HRK gross per month (+ 360HRK transport allowance).
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance and must have pre-existing work authorisation for Croatia in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Zagreb are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Croatian employment law.
Visa/Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Croatia.
The British Embassy is committed to flexible working and providing a workplace that promotes diversity. Applicants should detail any flexible working requirements in their application.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarise information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
Core skills training will be provided at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. All staff have a personal development plan and have access to world class learning and development opportunities.
This opportunity is closed to applications.