View Vacancy - Information and Communication Technologies Intern
Main purpose of job:
The Information and Communications Technologies intern will support the “Information and Communications” and “Corporate Services” teams with administrative and operational tasks, including those related to IT assets governance in order to allow the British Embassy in Mexico City staff and external stakeholders to accomplish their objectives.
Roles and responsibilities:
Daily activities include but are not limited to:
- Act as first point of contact for users on IT and be responsible for advice on use of systems including the telephony and unclassified video-conferencing services
- Perform first level diagnostics on user reported problems e.g. power on, handset plugged in etc.
- Monitoring servers and network equipment performance and reporting any issue to second level support teams and service providers
- Promptly action service requests and incidents regarding official ICT services
- Report suspected/observed IT Security breaches
- Management of SIM cards, peripherals, laptops, desktops, mobile devices and desk phones
- Manage a small pool of spare desktops and laptops
- Administer stand-alone machines and dirty network equipment
- Maintain IT equipment inventories up-to-date
- Liaise with CST teams to dispatch official equipment to outposts (Monterrey, Cancun, Guadalajara)
Government managed laptops, mobiles, printers and desk phones as well as locally managed network equipment, PCs, mobiles and office machinery. Mass communication with Embassy staff.
Essential on arrival:
· Excellent tech skills (tech savvy)
· Good communication skills in both English and Spanish
· Proactive problem solver
· Attention to detail
· Good organizational and time-management skills
· Basic Windows 10 administration knowledge and MS Office suite usage
· Basic knowledge on Android and iOS devices operation
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Currently pursuing or recent graduate of, a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Previous job experience is not strictly required, but might be valued
· Knowledge of tech trends
· Basic knowledge of computer networks architecture, design and deployment
Candidates must be able to live and work in Mexico in their own right. The successful candidate will be subject to a security clearance and professional reference checks. Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Learning and development opportunities :
· Increase proficiency in English and Spanish
· Develop communication skills
Work closely with other Embassy sections and teams to understand and learn from their work in order to deliver new products or enhancements
This opportunity is closed to applications.