View Vacancy - International Programme – Projects Assistant (financial procedures)
Main purpose of job:
To provide administrative assistance in support of the delivery of the International Programme in Cuba for FY 2019-20 (April 2019 to March 2020). Main tasks include the preparation and maintenance of the internal spreadsheets with info for approved projects, with monthly details of financial expenditure and plan of events, and regular administrative contact with suppliers. All tasks will be carried out under the supervision of the Projects and Prosperity Officer.
Roles and responsibilities :
- Assist in carrying out Learning and Development training on FCO Programme and Project Management and on Procurement procedures.
- Communicate the results of the selection process to implementers. Prepare and maintain internal spreadsheets with info for approved projects, with monthly details of financial expenditure and plan of events.
- Maintain regular contact with implementers to educate them on FCO procedures and assist in ensuring that they follow policy.
- Assist the A2 and Line Manager in drafting contracts and ensure they are signed by both parties soon after projects are approved.
- Assist the A2 in seeking approval from London for pre-payments, and to ask for quotations and invoices from implementers when they are due.
- Assist in creating/amending suppliers and creating requisitions in PRISM.
- Support the team in forecasting of expenditure updated in Hyperion.
- Ensure that project reports arrive on time and to agreed standards.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Master’s degree desirable.
Language: English and Spanish
Level of language required: Operational and Extensive levels (tested by examinations).
This opportunity is closed to applications.