View Vacancy - Social Media Analyst and Channel Manager (RUS524)
The British Embassy in Moscow is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Social Media Analyst and Channel Manager.
There is also the possibility to base this position in St. Petersburg (if requested by the candidate).
The Russian Language Comms Hub Social Media Analyst and Channel Manager will undertake analysis and evaluation of the impact of the Hub’s digital media activity and provide evidenced advice on engaging target audiences. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the day to day management of the digital media presence and activity of the Russian Language Comms Hub.
This is an exciting role where strong analytical skills and a good understanding of the social media landscape can be put directly into practise managing informative and innovative channels that increase UK Government engagement with target audiences in Russia and more widely.
The successful candidate will be integrated with the Comms team in the British Embassy in Moscow, but will be managed and directed by the Head of the Russian Language Comms Hub in London.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Manage and develop the Russian Language Comms Hub’s social media channels (30%):
- Day to day management of social media channels, including drafting engaging tweets and Facebook posts and ensuring digital material produced by the Hub is posted promptly;
- Monitoring social media channels and the wider online space, including to spot opportunities and to respond to direct communication from the online audience;
- Contributing to the development of the Hub’s Russian-language channels’ digital strategies;
- Work with partner organisations as appropriate to create impactful social media campaigns with compelling content.
Analysis and evaluation (35%):
- Use data-driven analysis and evaluation (including use of Brandwatch, Newswhip, Audiense or similar) to produce accessible evaluation reports on the impact of digital campaigns and communications work;
- Evaluating the extent to which Post and Hub central channels (and those of our allies and competitors) are engaging the target audiences;
- Advise Hub team and Posts on action needed to grow target audience in key countries and options for achieving this;
- Provide analysis of wider social media trends and audience insight on general and specific issues.
Digital Content Production (25%):
- Use excellent English and Russian language skills to accurately and swiftly translate digital content into Russian, ensuring locally engaging content maintains the nuances of the original message;
- Support colleagues in UK, Russia and the wider Eastern Europe and Central Asia region, to develop and create high-quality original Russian language digital content (including graphics, photography, videos and other content) to deliver key strategic objectives.
Regional Collaboration and Other tasks (10%)
- Share best practice by coaching other content contributors to improve digital delivery and coordination across the region;
- Other ad hoc tasks that are deemed operationally necessary by the Line manager or head of team.
- Fluent spoken and written Russian and English with strong attention to detail;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in digital media and communications;
- Experience of managing social media platforms including developing channel strategies, audience profiling and community building;
- A strong understanding of audience profiling and the ability to adapt tone and message according to audience and campaign needs;
- Experience of using data analytics to evaluate performance of social media channels and campaigns (specific experience of Brandwatch, Newswhip, Audiense or similar would be highly valued);
- Good written communications skills and able to produce both long and short-form content for the web, particularly for social media;
- Ability to work with external partners and manage suppliers and contractors;
- Must be very familiar with the Russian-language media/digital landscape including on current affairs and foreign policy;
- A keen interest in the latest digital communications trends and developments;
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, as part of a virtual team. Confidence to engage with other colleagues across the Network including senior management.
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic campaigns to achieve policy related or other objectives;
- Experience of producing, editing, and publishing photographs, video and graphic material for social media.
This is a full-time, fixed-term contract for 1 year (subject to a probation period of 3 months) with the possibility for renewal, for 5 working days, 35 hours net per week. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
The monthly salary for this position is Rub 91,705.00 gross, B3(L) level, paid 13 times a year.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture;
- Performance related pay scheme;
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities;
- Excellent working environment in central location with on-site facilities including cafeteria, bar, gym, tennis court, squash court and swimming pool (on-site facilities Moscow only);
- Private medical cover including dentistry.
A range of FCO and local communications course is available; The Embassy runs Diplomatic Academy for all staff; language courses are also available
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.