View Vacancy - Customer Service Manager- Estates
The British Embassy, Riyadh has vacancy for a Customer Service Manager- Estates, Grade B3 (L) position.
To manage the Riyadh, Jeddah and Al Khobar Estate, ensuring compliance with FCO standards and policies. Working closely with the Technical Works Team and outlying Posts, to make sure that accommodation is fit for the current and future needs of the Missions and utilised to full potential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage the residential and office properties, both owned and rented, liaising with landlords and understanding the needs of the occupants.
- To manage the gardening, cleaning and pest control contracts and associated budgets.
- To work with the Technical Works Team in order to draw up a planned maintenance programme that ensures best use of properties and secures value for money for the office.
- To coordinate and support the Technical Works Team with schedules and other administrative tasks.
- To procure residential and office furniture, stores management and stock rotation.
- Working closely with the Community Liaison Officer, to facilitate the moves of departures and new arrivals of UK Based staff.
- Leading the Post Housing Committee (PHC), and through this Committee reach decisions about how to use accommodation, within the guidelines and constraints of the FCO Estates Policy.
- To maximise income generating opportunities.
- To manage all Estate related payments and enquiries.
- To line manage 2 x Corporate Services Assistants (Riyadh).
- To manage a budget of approx SR 1 million per annum.
- Seeing the big picture: Effectiveness in this area is about focusing your contribution on the activities which will meet Civil Service goals and deliver the greatest value.
- Changing and Improving- This is about creating and contributing to a culture of innovation and allowing people to consider and take managed risks.
- Making Effective Decisions: Effectiveness in this area is about maximising return while minimising risk and balancing social, political, financial, economic and environmental considerations to provide sustainable outcomes.
- Leading and Communicating- To encourage open communication and provide clear direction on what needs to be achieved and how to get there through visible leadership.
Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the summary section of the application form.
- Previous experience of property management
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Estates Manager
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus.
- Strong IT computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Experience in Line management.
- Experience using Estate management systems.
- Budget Control experience.
- Knowledge of Arabic and Urdu Language desirable.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role including:
- Base Salary including Eid Bonus – SAR. 8,201.38/-
- * Housing Allowance – SAR. 2,050.34/- (subject to eligibility)*
- * Travel Allowance- SAR. 400/-(subject to eligibility)*
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period.
The position is only available to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas, and successful candidates will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 14 February 2018 before 23:55 KSA time.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy in Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.