View Vacancy - Senior Trade Adviser - Defence and Security (NLD643)
The British Embassy in The Netherlands is part of a world-wide network of 230 Diplomatic Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Senior Trade Adviser based in The Hague.
Working for the Department for International Trade, the purpose of this job is to assist British companies to develop internationally and to win business in the Netherlands. The Trade Adviser provides market insight and access to relevant contacts in the Netherlands to UK-based companies looking to export their goods and services to The Netherlands. Working across a number of opportunity sectors, including Defence and Security, the successful candidate will also promote sales opportunities identified in the country among suitable UK businesses.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to promote British exports to one of the most developed trading nations in the world. We are looking for a motivated, commercially driven professional with excellent account management skills to join our team.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning and delivering targeted export campaigns and activities aimed at increasing the demand for UK goods and services in the Netherlands, with UK businesses increasing exports to, and winning contracts, in The Netherlands;
- The pro-active identification of sales opportunities for UK companies in the Dutch market, engaging local decision-maker and matching and introducing UK suppliers into these market opportunities;
- Conducting relevant and high quality market research, competitor analysis, organising meeting programmes and events on behalf of UK companies;
- Developing and organising activities to support meeting the team’s objectives including webinars, seminars and outward Trade Missions;
- Maintaining productive relationships with DIT's relevant sector groups in London HQ, our network of UK based international trade advisers and colleagues across the DIT European Network.
- Experience in a marketing, business development, consultancy or trade/investment promotion discipline and/or a degree in a business related discipline;
- Strong networking skills;
- A self-starter, able to show initiative and work independently and at pace, without losing sight of priorities;
- Strong team player. In this role, you will be part of a high performing and ambitious team;
- Excellent IT skills, including the ability to use social media tools to support your activities;
- Fluent spoken and written Dutch; Good spoken and written English.
- A good understanding of the UK and Dutch business environment including business drivers;
- An established network in the Defence and Security sector or the competence to build one quickly;
- Strong account management experience; excellent customer relationship management skills.
The successful candidate will initially be offered an one-year temporary contract at B3 level. The base salary for this position is € 2,772.80 gross per month, based on a working week of 36 hours. In addition, an 8% annual holiday allowance and a monthly travel allowance are payable. The Embassy currently applies a performance based bonus pay model for local staff.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in The Netherlands. Please note that The Embassy is not a tax witholding employer. Consequently staff members are responsible for paying their own income tax and social security on the gross salary received.
The successful candidate will undergo a professional background check; Any job offer is also provisional to a successful security clearance check.
The Embassy encourages a culture of continuous learning. All employees have access to the Civil Service Learning platform which gives access to training to improve job specific skills. Employees are entitled to a minimum number of annual training days.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.