View Vacancy - Post Security Manager (TUR18.027)
The British Embassy in Ankara is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, security, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for a Post Security Manager to provide leadership and oversight of all security matters affecting the British Embassy Ankara, and to oversee security aspects of UK government activities in Southern Turkey relating to the Syria crisis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managerial oversight of the Ankara Embassy’s Team Security (security guards);
- Responsibility for security aspects of deployment of staff to Southern Turkey on Syria-related business, including management of locally engaged security officer;
- Responsibility for the Embassy's secure IT and other security systems;
- Occasional travel to Istanbul and Southern Turkey may be required.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in Security/Police/Military;
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English;
- Experience of managing a team (including objective setting, annual appraisal writing);
- Experience of collection and analysis of information, and report writing;
- Full, clean driving licence;
- Excellent, clear oral and written communication skills;
- A high level of cultural awareness, emotional intelligence and respect for diversity.
- 3 Years of relevant work experience in Security/Police/Military - highly desirable
- Police/Security or Military background;
- Understanding of the security environment in Turkey;
- Training Delivery experience; some basic Turkish language skills
This is a full-time permanent contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The annual salary for this position is 105,070.24 TL gross, B3 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Ankara are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
The role requires a minimum UK DV level security clearance. All applicants should have permission to live in Turkey. Applicants must hold a passport valid for at least 12 months for any of the following: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.