View Vacancy - Security Guard
The British Embassy, Muscat has a vacancy for the position of Security Guard, Grade – S2.
To be part of a team which provide 24 hour cover to protect the premises, assets and personnel at both the Embassy and Residence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Security of British Embassy buildings and control of entry / exit.
• Public facing role as first point of contact for visitors attending British Embassy sites.
• Searching of visitors, mail / deliveries as required.
• Patrolling, driving / escort and administration duties when required.
The candidate will need to demonstrate the following competencies during the interview:
• Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
• Demonstrating Resilience - Helping our people to build resilience in international roles, supporting their ability to adapt to working in difficult and varied international environments and to bounce back from crises and setbacks in these contexts.
• Making Effective Decisions - Showing clarity of thought, setting priorities, analysing and using evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well-reasoned, justifiable decisions.
• Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. For all staff, it’s about working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
• This is an Omanised role. Applicants must be Omani nationals.
• Communication Skills - English and Arabic (sufficient to follow instructions)
• Have at least 3 years Military or Police Experience
• Experienced driver with full licence.
• Physically fit and able to carry out vehicle searches, foot & vehicle patrols
• Previous guarding experience
• Trained defensive driver
Working Conditions and Remuneration:
The Embassy offers an attractive working environment and remuneration package for the role, including: salary of 501 Omani Riyals per month inclusive of all allowances; recreational facilities including a swimming pool and social club.
Position holder should be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will be dictated by operational needs. The role is for 42 hours a week.
Working patterns: 8 hour shift pattern of morning, evening, night x 5 days a week followed by 2 days rest.
The Embassy has excellent working conditions and recreational facilities including a swimming pool and social club. There is a holiday entitlement of 30 days per year (pro rated) following successful completion of a 3 month probation period. Holidays that have already been booked will be honoured. There are also national holidays determined annually by the Embassy which usually total 14 days per year.
Interested candidates must attach the following document when applying online:
1. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 17 February 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. Telephone applications and enquiries will not be accepted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
The British Embassy Muscat is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staffs recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Omani Employment Law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.