View Vacancy - Prosperity Assistant (PRT18.046)
The British Embassy in Lisbon is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Prosperity Assistant to join the Economics and Prosperity Team.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Economics and Prosperity, and will provide support to the Embassy’s growing prosperity work, doing primary research, mapping trade and investment opportunities, and planning the Embassy’s outreach and engagement on prosperity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake analysis and primary research to build the evidence base for our prosperity work, including on science and research, working closely with the Science and Innovation Officer
- Working closely with the DIT team, conduct research projects on the UK-Portugal bilateral economic relationship, mapping trade and investment opportunities
- Planning and organising a number of outreach and external engagement activities, including conferences and visits, and otherwise supporting the activities of the team
- Contribute to economic reporting and policy analysis.
- Completed undergraduate degree (or finalising masters degree) in the fields of Economics, Business or International Relations (with a strong economic content)
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (oral and written) and Good communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Previous work experience and/or evidence of working in teams and projects
- Ability to think strategically to spot opportunities
This is a fixed-term, full-time contract of two years (35 hours net per week) subject to a 30 days probation period.
The British Embassy in Lisbon aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role of € 21,379.68 per year gross annual salary paid in fourteen installments, provided that the individual in question is subject to individual income tax (IRS) in Portugal on the employment income in question or, alternatively, is subject to income tax on such income in the UK; plus a monthly meal allowance of 134.00 Euros.
All staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Portugal are subject to local Portuguese employment law as well as internal regulations in force at any given time.
The successful candidate will be subject to a professional background and security clearance and must have pre-existing work authorisation for Portugal in order to apply.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Portugal. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
The Embassy will not consider applications from existing staff who have not successfully completed their probation period or, in the case of staff on temporary contract who have not yet completed two thirds of their contract
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position
This opportunity is closed to applications.