View Vacancy - Receptionist
Main purpose of job:
Incumbent to provide day to day administration of the Reception Area and main Switchboard. As part of the Corporate Services Team, the jobholder will be required from time to time, to undertake tasks in support of broader objectives of the High Commission. Deputy ITSO and back-up to Consular Officer.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Manage incoming and outgoing calls.
- Liaison with ECHO to arrange for services and make fault reports
- Prepare spreadsheets for payment indicating charges for DFID and BHC rental and call charges for all numbers attached to the switchboard.
- Distribute mobile bills to staff for verification of personal calls and data charges.
- Coordinate official and private transport requests whilst keeping a record of such.
- Coordinate daily activity for driver: Admin runs, banking transactions, shopping and maintenance duties with the High Commissioner being priority.
- Liaison with Rentokil for treatment of BHC Offices and the Official Residences.
- Coordinate reservations and hotel booking for FCO visitors when required.
- Check and verify driver overtime sheets.
- Calculate and prepare internal invoices.
- Receive and dispatch incoming and outgoing mail.
- Receive and dispatch diplomatic mail bags.
- PRISM Requisitioner/Receipting.
- Process mail, all invitations for HC, read letters and pass to relevant person(s)
- Distribute newspapers
- DHL facilitator for parcel collections
- Support Fire Manager in management of fire/bomb/incident alarms and communication systems. Responsible for public address system announcements.
Support to Executive Assistant to the High Commissioner
- At the end of the day check HC schedule for the following day
- Receive all incoming calls for HC. Ensure that you screen the calls.
(You MUST find out from callers his or her name, which organisation they are calling from and the purpose of their call).
- Only urgent calls must be forwarded to HC. Messages should be taken for non-urgent calls and sent periodically.
- Action all invitations (accept/regret). Note the action to be taken and return to HC.
- Make appointments, receive confirmation of appointments, accepts and make RSVPs for HC.
- Back-up to Consular Officer
Desirable: Good IT skills, including the ability to learn/adapt quickly to new software.
This opportunity is closed to applications.