View Vacancy - MNL - International Export Finance Executive – UKEF International Network (D6)
UK Export Finance (UKEF) is the UK’s export credit agency (ECA) and a government department that reports to the Secretary of State for International Trade through the Minister for Trade and Investment. It works alongside the Department for International Trade (DIT) as an integral part of its strategy and operations.
UKEF’s mission is to ensure that no viable UK export fails for lack of finance or insurance, while operating at no net cost to the taxpayer.
Leading with finance is a key strategic objective for UKEF that will engage buyers, exporters, project sponsors and stakeholders as early as possible in the campaign process to provide financing options and support for their plans.
UKEF helps UK companies:
- Win export contracts by providing attractive financing terms to their buyers
- Fulfil contracts by supporting working capital loans and guaranteeing performance bonds
- Get paid by insuring against buyer default
UKEF is now seeking to locally recruit a senior finance executive to the role of Country Adviser UK Export Finance (CAUK) based in the British Embassy Manila.
The CAUK will be a member of the UKEF International Network. This team will operate as an integral function within existing Department of International Trade (DIT) offices at strategic global locations whilst being functionally accountable to the UKEF Business Group in London. Close inter-departmental collaboration will be a key requirement of this role, maximising benefits for both UKEF and DIT.
The CAUK will:
- Enhance general awareness of UKEF’s capabilities; proactively establishing relationships with companies, stakeholders and government departments locally to enable early engagement in campaigns where financial support could significantly impact UK export potential
- Lead engagement to develop export growth through the provision of export credit finance and credit insurance available from UKEF
- Support UK Export Finance teams in UK, DIT colleagues and other third parties to provide specialist market advice to potential clients and third parties
- Keep a watching brief on UK investment opportunities and leads.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a:
- Proven track record of trade finance operations and understanding modern international trade practice
- Mature business network at senior levels and cross-cultural expertise of the relevant market
- Extensive local knowledge of the business market and associated trends
- Current and relevant commercial management skills, well versed in contracting and finance oversight
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, this influential role will develop close interfaces across UKEF and play a key role within the local embassy team. Enhanced senior relationships within the business community and host government departments will also be a positive outcome of this role.
- Strong financial services background.
- Knowledge of local capital markets.
- Local and regional understanding of the drivers and stakeholders in industry sectors
- Knowledge of the UK investment landscape.
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on Pro-rata basis if joined after 1 January), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have work authorisation for the Philippines in order to apply.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Philippine employment law.
Candidates are expected to have a valid NBI Clearance.
All applications must be received before 25 February 2018 at 23:55 Manila time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above. Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount. Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
Interviews for this position will commence during the week of 12 March 2018.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.