View Vacancy - CGZ - Cross Team Support Officer and PA to the Deputy Consul-General, A2 (Maternity Cover)
Main purpose of job:
The role facilitates the smooth operation of the Political, Economic and Outreach teams in the British Consulate General in Guangzhou, by providing administrative support to colleagues and coordination across the various teams. The role requires a flexible and proactive person who can effectively prioritise tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the Political, Economic and Outreach teams. Separately, they will manage the Deputy Consul-General’s diary.
The British Consulate in Guangzhou is responsible for UK interests across South China, and the teams need support in arranging travel, communicating with external contacts, arranging meetings and arranging for the payment of external contractors. The role will also involve management and oversight of the teams’ budgets.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Managing the Deputy Consul General’s diary and providing executive support
- Managing all aspects of the Deputy Consul General’s diary.
- Assisting in arranging meetings, attending meetings, recording outcomes and co-ordinating the follow-up of action points, preparing note verbales and the drafting of correspondence.
- Covering during leave for the Executive Assistant to the Consul General.
Supporting the Outreach team
- Working as part of the Outreach team to support the work of the outreach officers based in Fujian and Hunan (and the Outreach officer based in the Consulate in Guangzhou) to help where needed with strategic delivery of their plans.
- Connecting the Outreach officers with the wider Consulate and network teams to ensure that opportunities identified are taken forward.
Process financial requisitions for the colleagues (training will be provided for this part of the job)
- Setting up contracts with external contractors and ensuring they are paid and monitored in a timely manner.
Supporting the political, economic and Outreach teams
- Responsible for the delivery of all financial and logistical support to all three teams, managing the teams’ budget and setting out spending plans for the year. Oversee spend throughout the year, ensuring timely spend and accurate reporting.
- Support Desk Officers in arranging meetings, preparing documentation and drafting note verbales, and preparing ad hoc translation and meeting reports. Liaising with local host organisations on teams visit itinerary.
- Basic word processing and excel skills required.
- Must be fluent in English and Chinese
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed): Training also offered to Consulate staff on a regular basis to develop skills such as communication and leadership. Learning from others in the FCO’s Network is encouraged through job shadowing and job swaps.
We offer a competitive package, which includes basic salary and insurance plan etc. The gross starting salary for this position before all deductions is RMB 10,348 /month for Chinese Nationals and an abated monthly salary of RMB 14,559/month for British Nationals and spouses/partners of all nationalities of diplomats who are ‘W’ (diplomatic) visa holders and meet passport criteria.
We also offer excellent development opportunities and a 22-day annual leave entitlement in pro rata. Conditioned working hours is 35 hours/week from Monday to Friday and flexible working can be arranged upon personal needs. For more details on our Total Rewards Package, please visit our website http://www.gov.uk/government/world/china.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate-General Guangzhou are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Chinese employment law.
All applications must be received before 23:55 China Standard Time on 18 February 2018.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Interviews for this position will commence during the week of 05 March 2018.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.