View Vacancy - Political and Administrative Assistant
The British Embassy in Rabat invites applications for the position of a Political and Administrative Assistant, Grade A2 (L).
The Political and Administrative Assistant will provide administrative, protocol, secretarial and logistical support to the Embassy’s political team, the Deputy Head of Mission and, on occasions, stand in for the Ambassador’s PA. He/she will be responsible for handling protocol issues on specific visa requests, translations, correspondence, general information management, and help with organising Embassy visits and events. He/she will also contribute to the daily press review and the weekly political roundup.
The successful candidate will have strong organisation and communication skills, will be able to prioritise flexibly and use their own initiative to deliver to deadlines. He/she will have strong people skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a busy team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide personal assistance and secretarial support to the Deputy Head of Mission, and back-up PA function to the Ambassador;
• Assist the Chancery team with general information management, fact-finding and other ad hoc support;
• Contribute to producing short daily press summaries for the team;
• Provide protocol advice and follow-up on tricky visa issues;
• Deliver timely translations from/into English/French;
• Draft Chancery correspondence and Notes Verbales;
• Contribute to organising Embassy visits and events, particularly on logistical arrangements;
• Schedule meetings and handle queries, including from senior contacts;
• Delivering at Pace: Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
• Collaborating and Partnering: Requires working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
• Managing a Quality Service: This is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements
• Changing and Improving: Being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and working in smarter, more focused ways.
• High standard of spoken and written English (IELTS score of at least 7 or equivalent);
• Bilingual level of spoken and written French and Arabic.
• Educated to degree level
• Confident communication and accurate drafting and writing ability
• Strong organisational skills
• Previous secretarial or administrative experience
• Strong people skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a busy team.
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to work independently, prioritise flexibly and use own initiative to deliver to tight deadlines.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Translation experience
• Experience of interpreting for official meetings
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: gross salary of MAD 13,372 per month, inclusive of all allowances. The contract will be a Full Time, Fixed term contract – 1 year renewable and then permanent.
Conditioned working hours for the position are 38 hours per week Monday to Friday.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
1. A covering letter.
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and completed online application form.
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter or motivation section in the application form. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 18 February 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment/interview will be contacted.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Morocco employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.