View Vacancy - Executive Assistant to the Defence Adviser - B3
Main purpose of job:
To act as the Executive assistant to the UK Defence Adviser providing Admin support to the DA, ensuring his diary is maintained, VIP visits are coordinated, the contacts database is maintained and up to date, Official Entertainment is organised and has appropriate financial approval via a Business Case.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist the Defence, Air & Naval & Military Advisers by providing efficient administrative support and organising official entertainment and ensuring Business cases are raised and forwarded for financial approval of said Entertainment.
- To provide the role of Visit's Officer in the management of inward and outward VIP visits. Ensure the smooth running of the programme and administration of visits.
- Maintain and update the Contacts Database identifying contacts in the Indian Services & Government as well as not For profit organisations.
- Maintain the DA’s work diary ensuring it is up to date and contact with the DA is maintained.
- Organising travel and hotel bookings for the DA when he travels to different parts of India and raising business cases and organising travel/hotel bookings for his official journeys back to the UK.
- To become knowledgeable in all aspects of Defence Section duties enabling assistance with cover of the Office Manager and Programme Officer during times of absence.
Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to absorb information quickly and efficiently.
Proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and resourcefulness to efficiently search the web.
2-3 years of administrative experience.
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC Candidates, starting Salary is Rs 53,358 per month together (though salary will be in accordance with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications) with 80% Security Allowance and 18% Special Allowance in lieu of Provident Fund and Superannuation Fund. The successful candidate will be provided with 25 days annual leave and in addition study, maternity/paternity and special leave in agreement with their line manager and business need. The package also entitles the incumbent to a domiciliary medical allowance including hospitalisation cover for self, partner and children.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
- Complete the Online Job Application Form
- Attach a detailed CV
- Appraisal forms ( Internal candidates only)
- Complete this duly filled Pre Employment Questionnaire
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references.
Because of the security clearance requirement only British nationals are eligible to apply: British citizens must have been resident in the UK for at least two of the previous 10 years.
This opportunity is closed to applications.