View Vacancy - Corporate Services Assistant
The British Consulate General in Jeddah has a vacancy for a Corporate Services Assistant – Administration/ Estates; Grade -A1 (L).
The role will report directly to Corporate Services Office (CSO) and will be based out of the Jeddah Office. This position would suit someone who is technically minded and able to communicate well with the maintenance staff but also someone with good organisation and time management skills due to the administrative nature of the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Estates: Supporting the Corporate Services Officer in all accommodation and estates matters - a large part of this role involves balancing the routine tasks with the reactive tasks that occur on a daily basis; including but not limited to:
- Daily management of the estate, accommodation and assets –implementing preventative maintenance schedule and daily maintenance requests with maintenance staff; communicating reactive tasks to cleaner e.g.; villa bookings, meetings etc;
- Engaging external contractors and liaising with any on site to ensure they conform to our HSP regulations.
- Managing the Accommodation & Transport bookings: monitoring fuel coupons; providing schedules to the relevant people; scheduling vehicle maintenance; ensuring villas are prepared for guests.
- Line management of 6 drivers, oversight of 2 Handymen and 4 facilities management contracted staff to effectively maintain estates and office. Work within UK Health & Safety regulations. Reporting back to the CSO.
- Deputise for Head of Section in their absence.
- Manage the switchboard and handle general enquiries from the public.
- Monitoring inventories; stock control and supply of estates/accommodation goods and equipment; ensuring that residential domestic floats are in place.
- Day-to-day operation of the Post’s inventories/registers including- maintaining the filing system for maintenance requests and analysis for areas of improvements; logging payments and receipts against work requests; management of domestic floats, workshop inventories, accident records, petrol coupons etc.
- Liaise on all official events in the compound, working with the CSO, main organizers and stakeholders to ensure BCG and FCO regulations are adhered to.
- Delivering Value for Money: It means seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
- Delivering at Pace: Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Managing a Quality Service: Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Leading and Communicating: To encourage open communication and provide clear direction on what needs to be achieved and how to get there through visible leadership.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Computer literate: competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- A well-organized person who is able to hit the ground running, and is self-motivated.
- Previous experience in estates management for either public or private sector highly desirable.
- Previous Foreign Office or public sector experience would be advantageous.
- Arabic and Urdu languages skills would be beneficial.
- Experience with Oracle / Prism / Pyramid advantageous, training will be provided.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Consulate General, Jeddah aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role including:
- Base Salary including Eid Bonus – SAR. 4,507.97/-
- * Housing Allowance – SAR. 1,126.99/- (subject to eligibility)*
- * Travel Allowance- SAR. 400/-(subject to eligibility)*
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Normal working hours for the Consulate are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time- fixed term contract for two years. The conditioned working hours for the position are 35 hours per week. The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period.
The position is only available to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas, and successful candidates will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for all applications is 15 February 2018 before 23:55 KSA time.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview. Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Consulate General in Jeddah is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.