View Vacancy - Diary Secretary for HMA
Main purpose of job:
The British Embassy is looking for a Diary Secretary/Scheduler to provide support to the Ambassador. This is a busy and interesting role at the heart of the Embassy, and offers exposure to some of the most important and high profile issues in the US/UK relationship. You will work closely with colleagues across the Embassy, the Ambassador’s Residence, the wider US network and departments in London. Working directly to the Ambassador’s Chief of Staff, the job holder will be a crucial member of a friendly and approachable team.
This is a full time job, and typically 9-5, but as we are largely subject to the Ambassador’s diary the job holder will need to be flexible should support be required outside of these hours.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Scheduling meetings and maintaining the Ambassador’s diary in line with wider Embassy priorities;
- Receiving and filtering all invitations to the Ambassador and bids (internal and external) for use of the Ambassador’s Residence
- Commissioning and collating briefs for the Ambassador’s meetings and preparing the daily briefing folder
- Ensuring clearances/logistic arrangements for the Ambassador’s DC based meeting
- Arranging programme and travel arrangements for the Ambassador’s visits to the UK
- Providing support to the Ambassador’s Chief of Staff and wider Private Office team as required
Level of language required: Native Speaker
Essesntial on Arrival:
- 2-3 years previous experience of scheduling/diary management required
- excellent secretarial skills, including touch and/or speed typing and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- strong team player who can multitask and work flexibly based on the changing needs of the team and business
- The US network is committed to Learning and Development, and the jobholder would be able to take advantage of formal training and career development opportunities as appropriate.
- The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Resume and a cover letter with salary history should be submitted in a .doc (word) file format. Please identify in your cover letter whether you are currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Internal candidates must address their resumes through the Head of Group before applying.
This opportunity is closed to applications.