View Vacancy - Driver S1 (AUT18.048)
The British Embassy in Vienna is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Driver to provide a professional transportation service for the Embassy.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced driver interested in a career with an outstanding organisation.
The successful candidate will drive the official vehicle for Ambassador’s appointments around Vienna and will collaborate closely with Ambassador’s Personal Assistant. The position is part of the transport team and is line managed by the Head Driver. The Driver is expected to be able to quickly adjust to changing appointment times or additional requests.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving the Ambassador and members of the team as required;
- Maintain the vehicles to an appropriately high standard of cleanliness at all times and purchasing of car materials as required;
- Assisting diplomats with vehicle registration;
- Other administrative tasks as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Clean and valid Driving License;
- Fluent in German and good level of oral and written in English;
- Minimum 2 years of driving experience;
- Thorough knowledge of the Vienna road network;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional early mornings and evenings.
- Previous professional experience in a driving capacity would be a plus;
- Experience of working for an international organisation would be desirable;
- Experience in driving diplomatic or VIP personnel preferred;
- Basic administration skills.
This is a local staff position in the British Embassy Vienna; it is not a diplomatic designated position. The position is subject to the terms and conditions of British Embassy employees.
This is a full-time permanent position. Working hours are flexible and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for extra hours worked. The annual leave entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys 14 Austrian / UK public holidays per year and we are committed to ensuring a work / life balance.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are legally able to work in Austria. The Embassy is not able to assist with any visa or sponsorship arrangements.
Monthly Salary will be €2150 EUR Gross + €810 EUR fixed overtime allowance (paid 14 times a year). Overtime in addition to the fixed 40 hours per month will be compensated with time off in lieu.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Austrian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.