View Vacancy - Residence/Events Manager (SVK18.051)
The British Embassy in Bratislava is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for a Residence/Events Manager (A2) to work at the Residence to organise and supervise all events for the Ambassadorial Residence as well as manage the general running of the building. The person will oversee the smooth running of the Residence and act as the main contact point for all activities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Residence/Event Manager to work for a diplomatic organisation, organising internal and external events for special guests including Ministers and Ambassadors. The Residence/Event Manager will be based at the Residence of the British Ambassador to Slovakia, where they will oversee all catering at the house, as well as events and general running of the household. Functions range from large dinners for up to 20 guests, smaller more intimate meals, cocktail events and the Queen’s Birthday Party (for up to 600 guests).
The person should have experience in event management for such functions with good communication skills and be able to liaise and keep informed the numerous stakeholders of the property.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Keep the residence in well maintained style and make sure the residence is well presented, clean and tidy;
- Liaise with HMA and staff on maintenance works at the Residence;
- Residence purchases as necessary, maintaining and providing full accounting/receipts and assisting with record keeping (for budgetary purposes);
- Project manage the purchase and update of furniture / decor at the residence;
- Liaison with HCS or CSM on all budget matters for the residence and events;
- Preparation and organisation of the event incl. quote estimates, residence booking confirmation form, seating plans, priniting name cards, menu cards etc.;
- In cooperation with the Residence cook plan menus for official events and special requirements following discussion with the hosts and HMA’s approval;
- Arrange all external and internal staff and equipment for events (incl. waiters, kitchen help, guard, audio, inventory rental etc.);
- Coordination and supervision of staff and suppliers at events;
- Reconciliation of events (incl. SIWM, if applicable) and administration of financial, accounting and payment processes involved (e.g. preparing supplier maintenance forms, Non-discretionary forms, debit memos, invoices etc.);
- Coordination of Residence calendar to schedule events;
- Cooperation with relevant Embassy staff/sections on individual event tasks and requirements including liaison with the Ambassador’s assistant;
- Maintain files and records of all events (e.g. events log, quotes, menus, purchase orders, staff claims, reconciliations, receipts, invoices etc.);
- Stock registry (incl. drinks stock, detergents);
- Line management duties of the residence staff (incl. overtime sheets, appraisals, leave and activity recordings in Prism etc.);
- Social secretary tasks incl. Invitations
- Updating corporate documents (e.g. Bratislava Post report, business continuity telephone tree; telephone list, office machinery etc.)
- Arranging bookings (hotels, taxis etc.)
- Ordering of goods and services
- Translating and liaison with local authorities, suppliers and contractors
- Filing and maintenance of official documents, contracts etc.
- Other ad hoc administration duties and tasks as required;
- Experience in event management;
- Excellent customer service skills with solid communication skills to persons at all levels;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills and be able to work collaboratively with the Ambassador and other residents of the household as well as staff members;
- Able to work accurately with focus on detail;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Demonstrate initiative and flexibility;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Excellent command of English and Slovak is required;
- Drivers licence.
- Experience in the diplomatic field is an advantage;
This is a full-time position, for a contract period of 1 year (initially but could be extended by mutual agreement) with a probation period of three months.
The monthly salary for this position is € 1400,00 gross, payable 13 times a year.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Slovakia. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Slovakia are subject to terms and conditions of service according to Slovak Labour Law
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.