View Vacancy - CT Fund Programme Manager - INTERNAL VACANCY
The British Embassy in Amman is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for the position of CT Fund Programme Manager, Grade – B3 (L).
Purpose of the job:
The successful candidate will manage the implementation of a complex and ambitious security and Counter Terrorism (CT) programme. They will oversee the day to day administration – including reporting, finances and relationship management with project implementers and stakeholders in the Jordanian Government.
• Lead on effective performance of programme work plan, documentation and finances to ensure projects are on time, on budget and meeting milestones.
• Drive the programme so that it reaches agreed outputs and outcomes. This includes effective risk management.
• Help evaluate overall project performance: the impact and effectiveness of projects in the CT programme in meeting the strategic objectives of British Embassy Amman and broader UK aims.
• Be responsible for excellent financial management to ensure value for money and 100% implementation of project funds.
• Provide overall day-to-day programme support to ensure smooth running of the Embassy CT programme effort.
• Hold lead implementing partners to account, including in providing timely project reporting and documentation.
• Attend key meetings and visits in Jordan, and represent the British Government.
• Where necessary build strong working level relationships with key stakeholders, including the security forces and also across the Embassy. This includes scoping further potential for additional UK support to the Security Sector.
• Support the development of new projects for FY 2018/9, as the team here drive programme expansion.
• Lead on the tender process and supporting potential implementers in preparation of bid forms.
• Brief clearly and concisely on the detail of the programme to CT lead, and to senior stakeholders in the UK Embassy, on a regular basis.
More generally, these responsibilities may also include:
• Providing support to the Political section and other ad hoc tasking as required, including support on organisation of section events.
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
• Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
• Delivering Value for Money - The efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services. Seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
• Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
• Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
• Fluent communication skills in English and Arabic language (both written and spoken, this will be tested).
• Degree level education with a minimum of one year experience in a similar job.
• Experience in a project management role, including budget management and forecasting
• IT competency
• Experience of using relevant Foreign Office IT tools (e.g. PRISM, Hyperion)
• Security Clearance to Official Sensitive
• Experience of Counter Terrorism or Security more widely
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The position is full-time, at 37 hours a week with considerations of flexibility depending on circumstances.
Pay is on the Embassy B3 (L) scale, with a salary of JOD 1546 per month depending on the candidate’s skills and experience. The package includes a good level of health insurance and a friendly, English-speaking work environment. We offer opportunities to develop professional skills through our Learning & Development offer. Leave entitlement is 28 days (pro rated) plus 14 public holidays.
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as you:
• Receive the appropriate level of standard security clearance;
• Have (or be willing to obtain) the right to live and work in Jordan.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
1. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the motivation section of the online application form.
3. A covering letter stating why you feel you have the necessary skills to perform well in the above role.
** (Applications that do not include the above stated information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 17 February 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted/interview for assessment will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local labour law.
The British Embassy Amman is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.