View Vacancy - GREAT programme Marketing Manager for Europe (FRA22.365)
The British Embassy in Paris is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. It is also part of the UK’s France Network (including offices in Lyon, Bordeaux and Marseille and representation to international organisations in Paris (OECD and UNESCO) and Strasbourg (CoE)) and is now looking to recruit an GREAT programme Marketing Manager for Europe.
Working to the Regional Lead of the GREAT programme in Europe, this role will be supporting the introduction of a new level of ambition to GREAT activity in the region. The role should support and deliver ambitious GREAT campaigns, driven by marketing and communications, across the region.
Launched in 2011, the GREAT Britain and Northern Ireland campaign (GREAT) is the UK government’s flagship international marketing programme. It aims to drive growth and enhance the reputation of the UK, by fostering positive perceptions and encouraging the world to visit, trade, invest, study, live and work in the UK. See the latest brand film here: https://vimeo.com/559020422
The overall responsibility for the GREAT Programme is managed centrally by the GREAT HQ team within Cabinet Office in London, working closely with the FCDO (GREAT Challenge Fund team) to activate the GREAT brand internationally via the large network of UK posts compromising of different cross governmental departments (incl. FCDO, DIT, Visit Britain, British Council, etc.).
This role will be based in Paris, France and report to the European Lead of the GREAT programme based in Spain.
As the GREAT Regional Marketing Manager you will support the GREAT Lead in Europe in being the champion and key point of contact for GREAT in your region. You will:
- Oversee regional Great Challenge Fund (GCF) bids, projects and champion evaluation: help Posts and other regional GREAT Partners (VB, BC, etc.) develop GCF-funded activities; ensure integration with other regional GREAT activity from Campaign Partners;
- Create a strong connection between central GCF and GREAT HQ teams, the region and local Posts, supporting the development and execution of the regional GREAT marketing plan and promotion of GREAT;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of your region and its priorities and identify new opportunities for GREAT;
- Proactive project management of GREAT activity, including over delivery, budget and timelines, ensuring continuous open communication;
- Act as brand guardian; champion the brand and encourage consistent use of GREAT by xHMG and partners, including working with GREAT HQ on training resources;
- Champion reporting and evaluation for GREAT in the region; regularly share best practice with the central GCF and GREAT HQ teams and other Regional Hubs;
- Act as a deputy to the Lead of GREAT programme in Europe, stepping up to cover when necessary.
- Proficiency in English and French (both written and spoken, minimum of C2 level for CEFR framework*);
- Experience in supporting integrated marketing strategies for multi-channel paid and no cost campaigns;
- Experience in developing campaign content and messaging for a variety of channels;
- Experience of working environments with large numbers of stakeholders;
- An understanding of best practice for campaign evaluation;
- Excellent networking skills with colleagues within your organisation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in building trust with external partners.
This is a full-time 18 months fixed term contract position of 5 days (35 per week) with possibility of becoming permanent.
All appointments are subject to professional background check satisfactory security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of his/her passport or national identity card for all nationalities held, an up-to-date criminal record (casier judiciaire) for recent countries of residence (which can be obtained online at https://www.cjn.justice.gouv.fr/cjn/b3/eje20 ), two written proofs of address (utility invoices and/or bank statements) and two references.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in France are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local French employment law and FCDO guidance for Country Based Staff. The posts we offer are not an entry point into the UK’s Diplomatic Service.
Your application will only be considered if you follow the guidance below:
- Your application must be sent in English only.
- Your application must clearly indicate all nationalities you hold.
Visa/work permit requirements: candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in France and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.