View Vacancy - Team Lead - Export Support Service International Markets (CZE22.381)
The British Government in the Czech Republic
The British Government representation in the Czech Republic is located at the British Embassy in Prague. The Department for International Trade (DIT) is a UK Government department which helps build an appetite for British goods and services globally, promotes and finances international trade and investment, and champions global free trade.
Working for the Department for International Trade (DIT) in the Czech Republic
The Export Support Service – International Markets (ESS-IM) sits at the heart of the Department for International Trade’s activity across Europe, helping to identify and drive high potential British exporters, including innovative SMEs and Mid-Sized Businesses (MSBs) into supply chains in Europe. The ESS IM Europe is made up of the Trade Hub which is based in Prague and a number of Export Growth Teams throughout various European markets. This is an exciting time for the Trade Hub as it expands in size and seeks to upgrade its capacity through the Enhanced International Support Service programme.
That is why the Department for International Trade (DIT) is looking for an Export Support Service Team Lead to head up the Hub team at the British Embassy in Prague. The successful candidate will lead a team that oversees regional enquires, helping businesses navigate and make the most of trade opportunities between the UK and European countries, working closely with DIT’s export support network in the UK and network of advisors in over 30 markets around Europe, alongside the newly created DIT Europe Market Access Centre (MAC). The team not only handles enquiries, coordinating responses from across Europe, but also acts as a centre of expertise, delivering practical support to those companies, including guidance on market choices and potential, in-market representation and clients. They also communicate high value opportunities to business, in areas aligned to UK industrial strengths, as part of an innovative promotional programme.
In parallel, the Team Lead and their team will seek to expand networks of commercial partners across Europe, including private sector providers of commercial services. As with all DIT positions, there will be a focus on working collaboratively with colleagues across DIT’s Network. The work will be varied and demanding and the successful candidate will need to be a flexible, committed self-starter, able to juggle priorities and to work on demanding timelines.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee a high quality enquiry service ensuing that UK exporters receive the advice they need to support their growth plans for Europe.
- With your team lead the development of the Trade Hub as a centre of knowledge for Trade Promotion within Europe by creating in-house capability and “off-the-shelf” marketing intelligence for distribution throughout the network.
- Lead, build and maintain in-market external networks and partnerships across the Europe region in order to be able to provide a comprehensive referral service to 3rd party partners to support the UK exporter journey.
- Identify and understand emerging trade opportunities for UK exporters through regular engagement with the DIT Europe trade teams while ensuring those opportunities are understood across the DIT Europe network as well as communicated to UK exporters by DIT Marketing teams.
- With your team, lead on the coordination of the Hub’s communication plan and promotional programme - including organising webinars, seminars and outward Trade Missions.
- Actively anticipate Trade hub and network-wide needs and tools through oversight of reporting, enquiry management and developing sectoral knowledge. Lead on the development of best practice to deliver excellent customer service to clients while reviewing key performance indicators to identify areas for risk or opportunity.
- Support the Europe spoke network in delivering guidance, information and access to external partners that supports high potential British exporters – including innovative small companies, entrepreneurs achieve their full potential in Europe.
- Provide input into the Export Support Service –International Markets Europe strategy through reporting progress to senior leaders across Europe and DIT HQ policy teams.
- Guide, support and develop your team in Prague in a management capacity.
- Track the development of “off-the-shelf” guidance for sector reports, briefings, and ensure the Trade Hub updates material as appropriate.
- Ensure the Trade Hub responds to requests from HMG colleagues for market information and performance information in a timely manner. Provide written, verbal advice, off-the-shelf information, or briefing for Senior stokehold.
Previous experience in line management and/or managing a team in a commercial setting.
A 3rd level education to degree level.
A passion for building and delivering excellent customer service processes.
Drive and enthusiasm combined with the ability to deliver, working as part of a team.
Excellent cross cultural communication skills to work well with commercial clients, external contacts and a wide and diverse Embassy team.
Great IT skills, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel, are needed.
Good project management, including an eye for detail, to ensure that all aspects of service delivery have been thought through carefully.
Demonstrable analytical skills, and the ability to make sense of complex information; Resourcefulness and ability to act on own initiative, with an ability to find creative solutions when the unexpected occurs.
The knowledge of another European language is a bonus.
Project Management experience.
This is a full-time position of 5 working days (37.5 hours net) per week. Working hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:00 with a flexible working hours arrangement.
Embassy core hours are from 1000-1500. The Embassy supports the work-life balance of its employees, and is open to flexible working.
Flexible working pattern – days/hours worked to be agreed with the Line manager and the team; there is a possibility to work partly remotely.
Staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for extra hours worked. The annual leave entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata and the Embassy enjoys an average of 14 Czech/UK public holidays per year.
The monthly salary is 80.920 CZK (gross). In addition, staff receive meal contribution.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and 3 months probationary period.
The job holder will be able to avail or a range of online and on-site learning and development opportunities as part of the first 6 months on the job. In addition, there is a small individual budget for the job holder to spend on bespoke learning needs.
Both the Department for International Trade and the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office have a strong commitment to the personal development of our staff and a flourishing Learning and Development culture, including an annual Learning and Development fortnight.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Czech Republic in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Czech Republic are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Czech Republic employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Czech Republic and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.