View Vacancy - HON - Corporate Services Officer Finance, HR, Procurement and Estates, AO (Temporary Cover)
Main purpose of job:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the British High Commission team to cover maternity leave.
As Corporate Services Officer Finance, and HR the jobholder will play a valuable role in ensuring the smooth running of the corporate services function at the British High Commission.
- Lead on day-to-day management of the British High Commission’s budget, ensuring spending remains compliant with policy and maximising value for money.
- Engage closely with Manila Finance hub on budget management, including preparation of key budget commentaries and ad hoc budget reports as necessary.
- Ensure the forecast against the budget is as accurate, making budget amendments and adjustments to the forecast every month.
- Forecast quarterly cash profiling with finance hub.
- Manage the end of month account procedures. Checking the monthly Network Post Account (including petty cash monthly check and replenishment).
- Assist the Corporate Services Manager in managing and implementing HR policies at the High Commission
- Ensuring salaries are paid correctly and on time.
- Work with Regional Procurement Hub in Manila to ensure all Embassy procurement is carried out according to the guidelines.
- Implementation of existing corporate policies and best practices on procurement, ensuring maximum value for money.
- Management of external contracts with local suppliers and vendors as necessary.
- Assist the Corporate Services Manager in maintaining the High Commission estate following UK policy and best practice.
- The job holder will also assist on crisis preparation management attending crisis management meetings and implementing the actions.
- There will be a need to do ad hoc tasks such as assisting in answering telephone enquiries and meeting visitors.
- Playing a valuable role in a small team the candidates need to be pro-active and flexible to support the wider High Commission team and mission.
- We are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic and has previous finance, human resources, procurement and estates experience.
- Also, who has high quality organisational skills and strong inter-personal skills.
This is a temporary cover role, offered as a fixed-term contract (December 2023 to 10 May 2024).
- IT skills including use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams)
- Previous finance experience and or finance qualification.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organising skills
- Human Resources and Procurement experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to drive.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- The British High Commission in Honiara is committed to continuing professional development and will ensure that the post holder has the training necessary and development opportunities.
39 hours per week. Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:00, Friday 08:00 – 13:00
- The British High Commission offers a competitive compensation package, 22 days paid annual leave (calculated on Pro-rata basis if joined after 1 January), medical scheme, and access to extensive learning and development opportunities.
- The applicant must have the appropriate work authorisation in order to apply.
- Staff recruited locally by the High Commission Honiara is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Solomon Islands employment laws.
There may be a need to work during British High Commission evening receptions. Time off in Lieu (TOIL) can be claimed.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
Only shortlisted candidates for interview will be contacted. Interviewees will be assessed on the core behaviours/qualifications listed above. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via the system in due time. Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
To ensure a successful application it is important that you explain how you demonstrate these behaviours, including through your experience. You are strongly advised to read the Success Profiles Civil Service Behaviours Framework, which provides detailed guidance on how the behaviours are defined and the standards expected at Level 4 for this position.
Applicants are encouraged to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format to prepare specific examples of when they have demonstrated these behaviours in their application. Using the STAR format to provide evidence of your skills and experience in your application and at interview helps to give a structure. You briefly describe the situation in which you showed the behaviour, and then explain your task in addressing the situation, what action you took and the result of this.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender and nationality.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.