View Vacancy - VNM (HCMC) - Corporate Services Assistant, AA
Main purpose of job:
The position will work closely with the Deputy Corporate Services Manager in British Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City (DCSM) to support smooth day-to-day corporate services operation in British Consulate General HCMC (BCG HCMC) in areas of health and safety and staff welfare, human resource, protocol, and other associated administrative tasks. Additionally, the role will provide flexible wide range of administrative, logistical support to Corporate Services Section and other support required by the Embassy.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Health and Safety and Staff Welfare Support 25%
- Assist DCSM in health and safety assessments in BCG HCMC (ie fire safety, fire wardens, manual handling, etc.)
- Assist DCSM in arrangement of first aid trainings and fire awareness trainings in HCMC.
- Update health and safety statement and training matrix for BCG HCMC
- Update staff welfare information in corkboards.
- Collaborate with Corporate Services team in Hanoi to deliver staff vaccination/health check-up schemes for BCG HCMC staff.
Human Resource Support 20%
- Support the Corporate Services Assistant Hanoi to print off HCMC local staff employment contracts and get them signed in due course.
- Collaborate with Corporate Services Assistant Hanoi to register and update labour resources with Fosco with required documents and information.
- Collaborate with Corporate Services Assistant Hanoi to support in logistical arrangements of the recruitment process for BCG HCMC.
- Assist in logistical arrangements for in-house events i.e. all staff meetings, monthly celebration on staff’s birthdays, arrivals and departures.
Protocol Support 12%
- Arrange notes verbales and visa applications for BCG HCMC’s official visitors, UK-based and non-Vietnamese country-based officers.
- Arrange airport passes for BCG officers and visitors when required.
Other Corporate Services Support 43%
- Collaborate with Corporate Services Assistant Hanoi to arrange groceries at home for new UK-based officers.
- Arrange notes verbales and VAT claims to submit to External Relations Office in HCMC.
- Support in paperwork to clear official goods sent by post, courier.
- Support in sending diplomatic bags to the UK.
- Provide support for Corporate Services team in procurement process including corporate credit card payments, requisitions, receipting and uploading invoices, setting up suppliers;
- Back-up cashier when required.
- Participate and contribution to Green Team’s activities.
- Assist other admin/logistical work when required.
- Good command of Word, Excel.
Language: English, and Vietnamese
Level of language required: Good command in spoken and written English/Vietnamese
This vacancy is advertised as a full-time, fixed term role of 12 months to be based in Ho Chi Minh City.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
We encourage all staff to develop their capabilities, through both formal training courses and informal opportunities such as job-shadowing, coaching and on-the-job training. All staff are encouraged to share their skills and experience with colleagues, through informal training sessions or coaching/mentoring. We have an active L&D committee who organise a varied programme of learning for all staff.
All staff are eligible for 5 Learning and Development days a year.
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office is committed to developing its staff. There will be opportunities for formal training alongside collaborating with a wide range of colleagues delivering on-the-job learning.
- Working in a diplomatic mission
- International policy skills course
- UK Diplomatic Academy foundation learning
- Regional and London-based formal learning opportunities
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff who are locally recruited by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. Visa sponsorship may be possible for non-Vietnamese nationals if meet local requirements.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Disabled and ethnic minority applicants will be invited to interviews if meeting the minimum requirement of the job.
Full time - 39 hours per week with one hour lunch. Mon-Thursday 08:30–16:45, Friday 08:30–15:00
The Embassy has a smarter working policy and is committed to offering flexible working patterns balanced with the operational requirements of the role. In crisis/emergency situations you may need to work as required to support the Embassy response, sometimes on a shift pattern working which may result in unsociable hours and/or weekend working.
As an inclusive employer we are happy to discuss alternative working patterns at interview or at the point of any job offer.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff recruited by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Vietnam Time) on the day of the deadline indicated above.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
Only shortlisted candidates for interview will be contacted. Interviewees will be assessed on the core behaviours/qualifications listed above. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via the system in due time. Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate”.
Please check the application centre regularly for any update on your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.