View Vacancy - Senior Trade Adviser (CZE487)
The British Embassy in Prague is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit an energetic, enthusiastic, self starter and motivated Senior Trade Adviser to work in the Department for International Trade (DIT).
The main purpose of the job is to support UK interests and companies doing business in the Czech Republic in agreed sectors of responsibility, main focus on priority projects and regional campaigns.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- To proactively seek retail and infrastructure value projects in the Czech Republic and identify high value opportunities for UK suppliers in the Czech market, including scoping and developing opportunities for UK companies leading to commercial outcomes (EWs);
- To continuously manage the Czech pipeline and support the leader of the Central European high value regional campaign in delivering the campaign targets, including regional campaign activities (buyer recruitment, project and event management, responding to enquiries, liaising with stakeholders);
- To manage strategic relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders including decision makers, UK Key Accounts and local companies;
- To acquire market information and monitor trends, to be used for client enquiries, sector reports, briefings, chargeable services and Export Opportunities;
- To actively contribute to high level/VIP visit programmes;
- To support Brexit objectives.
To succeed in this exciting and challenging role, you will need the following:
- College / University level degree in a relevant area or equivalent experience;
- At least 3 years of commercial activity;
- A record of delivering commercial outcomes;
- Commercial and economic awareness;
- An innovative attitude especially towards customer service and performance management;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proven ability to develop relationships with customers and stakeholders;
- Fluency in English and Czech, both oral and written is essential;
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office and the Internet.
- Experience of working in the retail or relevant commercial sector;
- Understanding of the role of international trade in business success;
- Working cooperatively with others;
- Good IT skills, especially database management, MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Attention to detail and effective time management;
- Proactive attitude in project and relationship management;
- Track record of delivering projects in virtual/regional teams.
This is a full-time position to cover for a maternity leave contract of 1 year.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Czech Republic in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Czech Republic are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Czech Republic employment law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Czech Republic. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.