View Vacancy - DIT Key Account Manager Energy & Mining (POL489)
The British Embassy in Poland is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit an energetic, outgoing, target oriented and motivated Key Account Manager to work in the Department for International Trade (DIT).
The DIT helps UK-based companies to succeed in Poland and other international markets and it works with companies overseas to bring high-quality investment to the UK. The team in Poland is part of DIT’s Central Europe Network (CEN), which comprises of 10 markets: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
The successful jobholder will hence help UK companies to succeed in accessing high value business opportunities in energy & mining sectors in Poland and Central Europe, working with senior stakeholders in the UK and local contacts in Poland to deliver ambitious CEN regional performance targets in the energy & mining sector.
Main responsibilities will include:
Support the Team Leader in driving the Energy & Mining campaigns in Poland to deliver high value wins for UK companies. This includes: identifying opportunities for UK companies in energy and mining in Poland and the region; matching the UK offering in energy and mining to local market opportunity to help optimise UK business development in Poland and the region; managing project delivery, promotional and follow up activities to meet annual performance targets (based on the value of business won by UK companies); building government & industry stakeholder partnerships to support Poland’s modernisation of the two sectors and to introduce UK experience to the Polish market; promoting opportunities in the Polish energy and mining sectors to British companies and relevant business organisations and promoting UK capabilities in energy and mining to relevant Polish stakeholders;
Co-operate closely with other Embassy teams, relevant external stakeholders and DIT colleagues across the CEN region.
Required key FCO Competencies
- Managing a Quality Service: effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. People who are effective plan, organise and manage their time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service;
- Seeing the Big Picture: seeing the big picture is about having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider public needs and the national interest;
- Collaborating and Partnering: people skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organization to help get business done;
- Achieving Commercial Outcomes: being effective in this area is about maintaining an economic, long-term focus in all activities. For all, it’s about having a commercial, financial and sustainable mindset to ensure all activities and services are delivering added value and working to stimulate economic growth;
- Delivering at Pace: effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering performance with pace and taking responsibility for outcomes. It‟s about working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way;
- Making Effective Decisions: effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice. It’s being careful and thoughtful about the use and protection of government and public information to ensure it is handled securely and with care.
- Fluency in English and Polish (both oral and written);
- Education to university level;
- Strategic commercial and economic awareness;
- At least 2 years’ experience in working in a relevant business environment;
- Experience of business development and in delivering results;
- Experience at developing relationships with customers and stakeholders;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Working co-operatively with others and building relations;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure;
- IT computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office and Internet.
- Key Account Management experience;
- Knowledge and experience in energy and/or mining sectors;
- An innovative attitude especially towards customer service and performance management;
- Experience with Oracle systems and databases preferred.
This is a full-time position of 5 days (37.5 net per week) for a two year contract which may be extended by mutual agreement.
The monthly gross salary for this position is PLN 7,634.
Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by the local law. Please be aware that the British Embassy in Warsaw will not be able to cover any costs connected with relocation.
The successful candidate will be subject to the Polish references check and satisfactory completion of a probationary period of three months.
Working hours are flexible and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for agreed extra hours worked. The annual leave entitlement is 20 or 26 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys a maximum of 14 Polish / UK public holidays per year.
Candidates must have pre-existing right to live and work in Poland for the duration of the job offer in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Warsaw are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to Polish employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.