View Vacancy - Trade and Investment Officer A2, Madrid (ESP496)
The British Embassy in Spain is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Trade and Investment Officer to join the Department for International Trade (DIT) team.
The successful candidate will have the important role of helping UK businesses to export and grow in the Spanish market, particularly in the Financial Services and Education sectors and encourage Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to the UK. As directed by the DIT Madrid Director you will carry out analysis and projects on wider sectors and priorities to support the Spain network’s Trade and Investment performance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist my Line Manager to develop, organize and deliver key activities and events to promote trade in my specialist sectors, both in Spain and in the UK;
- Develop relationships with key external contacts and stakeholders in my specialist sectors in Spain and in the UK, and also with key internal stakeholders within DIT, across the British Embassy network in Spain and wider UK Government stakeholders;
- Carry out market research into potential new sectors of activity, as directed by my Line Manager;
- Perform general administration duties; maintain accurate records and CRM databases;
- Provide support where needed to the Director DIT Iberia and other officers.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (C level according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), verbal and written, with excellent communications skills;
- Some knowledge and experience of working in an international business environment;
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative;
- Expert Internet user and familiarity with standard MS software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc).
- Experience of working in trade promotion, investment promotion or business support;
- Knowledge, experience and/or strong interest in the Spanish and/or UK Financial Services and Education sectors.
Terms and Conditions
Applicants should have the right to live and work in Spain. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
This is a full-time position of 5 working days (37.5 hours per week) for a permanent contract.
The successful candidate is subject to a confirmation of a background check, security clearance and the successful completion of a probationary period.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Spanish Social Security Scheme and will therefore not be entitled to any gratuity from the Embassy based on gross annual salary.
Regarding taxation, the Embassy is a Diplomatic Mission with tax exempt status and does not collect taxes for other States. Employees are fully responsible for payment of Spanish income tax at the legally required rate.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Spain are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Spanish employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 of the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We kindly advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application.
Only applications completed and submitted before the closing of the deadline will be considered.
This opportunity is closed to applications.