View Vacancy - Government Relations Officer
The British Embassy, Dubai has a vacancy for a Government Relations Officer.
The purpose of the job is to coordinate and ensure the smooth arrival and departure for Local Staff members of staff and UK based members of staff, including the families of UK based staffs. Dealing with the necessary authorities and keeping up to date with the required local and national regulations with the relevant UAE authorities
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with various UAE authorities for the smooth arrival and departure of UK based staff and LE staff in the UAE and the Embassy.
- Liaising with the MFA, Dubai police, Dubai Customs, Traffic Department, the GRO's in Abu Dhabi, British Council, other Embassies and Consulates when required.
- Arrange MFA clearance, employment visas, Emirates ID for all staff.
- Obtaining UAE visit visas for other British Embassy staff across the network
- Assist with driving licences, alcohol licences, vehicle registrations for diplomatic staff.
- Arranging meetings for Embassy Officials with UAE authorities.
- Arrange with contractors the release of unaccompanied airfreight and heavy baggage for UK based staff.
- Registration of Embassy vehicles both official and diplomatic staff.
- Visit Immigration, MFA, typing centres to facilitate all processes required.
- Issue No Objection Certificate (NOC's )
- Maintain relationships between the Embassy and the various Government and non Government departments.
- Provide guidance on procedures and paperwork needed for all steps.
- Take part in the Embassy emergency planning and any response to a crisis affecting UK citizen
- To provide cover for the team in Abu Dhabi as and when required.
- Protocol when required
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about valuing and modelling professional excellence and expertise to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Leading and Communicating - At all levels, effectiveness in this area is about showing our pride and passion for public service, leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction, integrity and enthusiasm.
- Delivering at Pace- Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area are team players who create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Highly customer focused
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, the ability to work independently, apply initiative, problem solve and work under pressure to meet multiple and changing priorities, deadlines and objectives
- Strong organisational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and be a team player
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to drive
- Excellent communication (speaking and written) using both English and Arabic language.
- Knowledge of local labour law
- Knowledge of Immigration, Customs and Police Laws
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of annual leave per annum, on-site parking and on-site swimming pool, gymnasium and sports facilities.
- Base Salary – AED 7,549
- * Allowances – AED 3,235 (subject to eligibility)*
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 14:30 from Sunday to Thursday.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
1. A covering letter.
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
** (Your application must be completed and include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter or motivation section in the application form. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 25 October 2017 by 23:55 (Local Time).
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months or more.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted will be contacted for an assessment.
The start date mentioned is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable security clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy Dubai is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.