View Vacancy - VNM - Community Liaison Officer (Part-Time)
The Community Liaison Officer will work closely with Embassy Management to enhance the well-being of all staff at the UK diplomatic missions in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, including through good communications, information gathering and sharing and outreach. This position has a particular role in supporting UK staff working at the Embassy and Consulate General and their families.
- Welfare at Post: Advising and preparing people ahead of their posting and ensuring their smooth and happy integration as possible into the life of the Post community; following up to check that the settling in process is working; being a source of referral and support where questions, problems and difficulties arise; providing short Post community induction.
- Advocate for UK-based staff and families in addressing issues of importance with Post Management including a role in finding appropriate accommodation. Act as main point of contact between Post and DSFA in London.
- Information gathering and sharing on all issues affecting foreign staff and families including health, education, employment, recreational facilities and social matters.
- Information management of Post Welcome Pack, Communication Liaison Officer homepage on Post’s Intranet/SharePoint site, input to update and review of Post Reports and Fact Sheets; management of domestic equipment float and regular communication with staff and families.
Interested candidates can seek further information by contacting the Hiring Manager – Steph Lysaght at +84 24 39360 500 ext 2317.
- Understanding of issues arising from overseas relocation and of living in a foreign country
- Proactive and a self starter
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good IT skills, including MS Office and Excel worksheet
- Knowledge of Vietnam (either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, desirably both)
- Counselling/ mediation skills/ experience
The Community Liaison Officer would be provided a formal Communication Liaison Officer training course in London once the initial probation period is passed.
All applications must be received before 25 October 2017 at 23:55 Vietnam Standard Time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Interviews for this position will commence during the week of 6 November 2017.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.