View Vacancy - Finance Manager B3 (L) (22/17 ADD) - Offer Declined
Main purpose of job:
- Ensuring correct implementation of Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and other UK Government Departments financial policies within local conditions, while best meeting internal customers' needs in a fair and effective manner;
- Ensuring successful day-to-day operation of the Accounts team within the Embassy’s Corporate Services and more widely within the Corporate Services operation including working with colleagues in Pretoria and Manila on several finance processes;
- Gathering and providing information for budget forecasting and planning.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
The main duties include:
- Oversee the approval of payment batches for the weekly payment of invoices to meet monthly KPIs
- Oversee preparation of tax reports for the Ethiopian Revenue and Customs Authority
- Responsibility for Financial and Prism (FCO financial accounting system) compliance in line with Government best practice, FCO Finance and Prism Performance Measures
- Ensure relevant FCO Finance and Prism Compliance Indicators are met and the indicators remain green.
- Assist with the implementation of changes to cross-government financial policies and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the financial/accounting operation
- Ensure essential Prism procurement housekeeping is carried out and accruals are effectively managed within the procurement process.
- Coordination of periodic fixed asset verification exercises
- Work closely with the Deputy Head of Corporate Services - Admin on annual budgets and forecasts, monthly budget amendments and forecasting;
- Preparation of all the annual cash and bank funding profile in different currencies and monitor bank balances to ensure adequate funding
- Support on annual pay reviews and financial analysis of pay proposals
- Assist in the preparation and compilation of the Medium Term Financial Plan, including all services, staff pay and rents
- Ensure compliance with FCO accounting procedures and FCO and correct charging of other government departments;
- Maintain responsibility for the management and control of cash payments, and correct records of local USD and Ethiopian Birr cash transactions.
- Oversee the raising of invoices for staff debts, manual invoices and the preparation of journals to correct mischargings
- Follow up on refund of staff advances, travel advances and payment of debit memos to ensure swift payment and reconciliation
- Overall responsibility of the work of the Accounts team, including line management of 3 Accounts staff;
- Liaison with Hubs in South Africa and the Philippines on invoices, charging, bank reconciliations, payment queries and any other issues;
- Providing resilience cover during absences as necessary for the other Corporate Services team members.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Minimum 4 Years Finance or Accounting experience;
- Experience of staff management (the job holder will manage three staff members);
- Good communication skills, attention to detail and initiative;
- A flexible approach and good team working skills:
- Excellent IT skills (advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is essential);
Learning and development opportunities :
2. Budget management
3. Managing people
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Addis Ababa are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Ethiopia.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay the fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
This opportunity is closed to applications.