View Vacancy - Entry Clearance Assistant (UKVI), Havana
Main purpose of job:
The Entry Clearance Assistant (ECA) role enables the UK visa operation at post, which provides for UK visa applications submitted within Cuba. The ECA is involved in both customer facing and back office activities that as part of the visa process and maintains contact with both UKVI NY and UKVI UK operations to ensure coordinated delivery of service.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Delivery of first class customer service
- Accepting applications from visa customers at the Embassy and taking biometrics
- Administration of the appointment system, interacting with customers to set appointments and maintaining the inbox at manageable levels
- Conducting back-office functions to support the process, including scanning of supporting documents and printing / inserting visas into passports
- Accurate data entry
- Maintaining an orderly filing system, securely managing customers personal data. Ensuring storage, transmission, destruction and handling of personal data is in line with UKVI’s responsibilities (GDPR)
- Clerical and other administrative duties as required – some of which will involve lifting and carrying heavy boxes
- Dealing with General Email Enquiries from Customers, ensuring customer contact is maintained at appropriate levels
- Ad hoc Consular duties as directed by Post as backup to the consular section and exceptional cross-mission support during times of post emergencies / crisis response
- Other tasks as delegated by the UKVI New York team who oversee and enable the UKVI Havana operation
Essential on arrival:
Satisfactory IT and typing skills are essential for this post. You will be expected to provide evidence of typing skills of at least 25 words per minute (i.e. the Pitman elementary level typing speed).
Language: English and Spanish
Level of language required: Fluent
Previous customer service experience would be beneficial.
Data entry experience is desirable
Learning and development opportunities:
- No specific training course needs to be completed for the ECA role – L&D will follow the 70/20/10 ratio with the majority done on the job, learning from our other UKVI team member at post. A range of mandatory online courses, accessible at post, must be completed upon starting the role.
- British Embassy Induction
- IT Support Training
- Crisis Preparedness training
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Counter Fraud, Bribery and Corruption
e.g. Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:15, Friday 08:00 – 13:00
Employment is subject to an Embassy security review and confirmation of enrolment with PALCO Empleadora (which the Embassy will request if the successful candidate has not worked with PALCO before). We would like someone to start as soon as possible. The preferred candidate has to be appointed through PALCO. The position is open to anyone who is already registered with PALCO and
anyone who is not. We know that, for anyone not registered with PALCO, it could take some weeks to conclude that process.
This opportunity is closed to applications.